Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Stokstert

Executive Member
Wow. It only charges devices out of the 2 USB ports and can't charge out of the Type-C port :confused:

Which Romoss or similar powerbank in the same or nearby price range can charge out of another port than USB port?

The only real difference may be the battery type, the Romoss Ares has Li-Po batteries while the other Romoss series normally use Li-Ion ones.

PeterPan420

ld13

Honorary Master
Which Romoss or similar powerbank in the same or nearby price range can charge out of another port than USB port?

The only real difference may be the battery type, the Romoss Ares has Li-Po batteries while the other Romoss series normally use Li-Ion ones.

The Romoss Sense+ range, so the Sense 6+/8+ does 3 input and 3 output:
1610902508583.png

johnjm

Expert Member
I’m not sure why people are so fascinated with Romoss. It’s over priced and not that much better quality than most out there. I know from experience with them.

On the flip side, for R400 there is a superbly 20000mah power bank that supports PD and has been flawless for me. It was in special for R289 at some point.

Even the YObo I think it is is better than romoss.

enerdude

Expert Member
I’m not sure why people are so fascinated with Romoss. It’s over priced and not that much better quality than most out there. I know from experience with them.

On the flip side, for R400 there is a superbly 20000mah power bank that supports PD and has been flawless for me. It was in special for R289 at some point.

Personally I'm a fan cause the first ones I bought in 2015 had samsung cells and is still serving me well 6 years later. At the time they were very well priced compared to the generic chinese brand ones

Smokey mcpot

Expert Member
Personally I'm a fan cause the first ones I bought in 2015 had samsung cells and is still serving me well 6 years later. At the time they were very well priced compared to the generic chinese brand ones
Same my side, purchased a 4000mah romoss when they were first released. Don't know how long ago it was but it's still working perfectly. Not alot of power, but also small enough for my wife or daughter to carry along.

johnjm

Expert Member

I also had one or two from 2015, one worked till I lost it and the other broke after a week.

Options were very limited back then but competitiveness has changed. The Samsung thing was a selling point back then, not now IMO.

enerdude

Expert Member
I also had one or two from 2015, one worked till I lost it and the other broke after a week.

Options were very limited back then but competitiveness has changed. The Samsung thing was a selling point back then, not now IMO.
IMO they are still up there with the best. Had my share of buying them for bargains over the years:

Attachments

• romoss sense8.png
    romoss sense8.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 112
  • romoss sense15.jpg
    romoss sense15.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 112

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master

It's about branding, availability and pricing for the SA Market. The Romoss brand was marketed and supplied well in SA, and wasn't as bad as other brands being sold, hence it has gained a following. Most overseas markets haven't really heard of them.

The Ankers and RAVPower, not so much....so they are pricy here.

Old_Liver

I've got three Romoss Powerbanks.
I paid R400 for a Sense 6+ 20000mah last year with PD and QC3.0.

The other two are over 6 years old and still going strong.

WAslayer

Executive Member
How horrible will this dash cam be?
Looking for something with reverse camera also.
You get what you pay for when it comes to dash cams.. I would suggest you look for the cam on banggoog/Alibaba/AliExpress and see if you can find actual reviews on it..

Personally, I would avoid this one, mostly because of the max 32gb supported storage expansion, but also because I have had cheap dash cams before and know enough people who have had cheap ones that I would not waste my time or money..

Not saying cheap ones can't be good, just have not found or seen a good one yet..

Brawler

Honorary Master
You get what you pay for when it comes to dash cams.. I would suggest you look for the cam on banggoog/Alibaba/AliExpress and see if you can find actual reviews on it..

Personally, I would avoid this one, mostly because of the max 32gb supported storage expansion, but also because I have had cheap dash cams before and know enough people who have had cheap ones that I would not waste my time or money..

Not saying cheap ones can't be good, just have not found or seen a good one yet..
Thanks - pretty much as expected.
Whats a good brand?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

It's because they're often on special and very readily available.