Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Conack

Expert Member
(Have several Romoss banks already, but ordered it after other folks forwarded the MASSIVE sale from Snatcher [which was touted as legit] - and took a chance since it was so cheap. Wasn't a big loss at all - won't do business with them again though. Emailed them 5 times without reply - 6th time they responded once to say I can return it - then no further correspondence)

enerdude

Expert Member
Google Home Assistant Smart Speaker OEM Refurbished - R1098 from smartspeakers
Google Home Mini Smart Speaker Chalk (OEM Refurbished) - R349 from shopandship

Smartspeakers has payflex payment option which allows for 4 payments (2 weeks apart, so payable over 8 weeks with 0% interest). They have free shipping on the Google home. I first saw the payflex payment option on geewiz.

Shopandship gives free shipping if you buy more than one item so two google minis would be R698 including delivery

Last edited:

Dee96

Expert Member

Smartspeakers has payflex payment option which allows for 4 payments (2 weeks apart, so payable over 8 weeks with 0% interest). They have free shipping on the Google home. I first saw the payflex payment option on geewiz.

Shopandship gives free shipping if you buy more than one item so two google minis would be R698 including delivery
Has anyone bought from this site?

This is the cheapest I have seen the refurbished home mini go for

Lupus

Honorary Master

Takealot had refurbished minis for R325 over Xmas.

Adoxographist

Doesn’t payflex have admin fees?

ld13

Honorary Master
6 Weeks: You pay 25% upfront, then another 25% in 2 weeks, then a second 25% 2 weeks later, with a final 25% 2 weeks after that. It is all automatic, and you do not have to do/remember anything. They will even SMS you the day before to remind you that they will be taking Rxxx from your account the next day. There are no admin fees, unless your payment bounces, then they charge you a R65 default fee, and '2% per month' interest. So your R1000 basket remains R1000, just broken into R250 chunks. Sometimes they will ask a 50% deposit upfront, so it becomes R500 + [R166.67 x 3].

You can also head to Payflex's website first, and they will give you a R50 discount coupon for your first purchase:
1610610077694.png

johnjm

Expert Member
This ^^^^^

ZMI, Xiaomi are good brands with excellent quality, and will match the spec's, and be safe.
Romoss is ok, but lower quality.

Anything else, I'd avoid.

You will be surprised how generic power bricks are made int he same factory as other “brands”.

At the end of the day they are all a generic boards and battery banks.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
You will be surprised how generic power bricks are made int he same factory as other “brands”.

At the end of the day they are all a generic boards and battery banks.
Actually, I wouldn't. I've spent 25+ years in China. Some of that visiting factories and sourcing :)

QC can vary tremendously though, as can safety. I know what I would stick to.
I'll stick to the ones that provide insurance coverage in China for faults, and pass Chinese standards (yes, there are standards, but they don't necessarily apply for exported goods, so we get the crappy no standard cheap crap here...) for power banks. eg ZMI, Xiaomi, Romoss etc.

Last edited:

k@vi

They also have the Coral Home mini for R399 with free delivery. This one is not refurbished.

enerdude

Expert Member
6 Weeks: You pay 25% upfront, then another 25% in 2 weeks, then a second 25% 2 weeks later, with a final 25% 2 weeks after that. It is all automatic, and you do not have to do/remember anything. They will even SMS you the day before to remind you that they will be taking Rxxx from your account the next day. There are no admin fees, unless your payment bounces, then they charge you a R65 default fee, and '2% per month' interest. So your R1000 basket remains R1000, just broken into R250 chunks. Sometimes they will ask a 50% deposit upfront, so it becomes R500 + [R166.67 x 3].

You can also head to Payflex's website first, and they will give you a R50 discount coupon for your first purchase:
View attachment 993658
Could not have put it better myself. Like I said I used them before on geewiz and was a real pleasant experience as you say they sms you each time a payment is due and there is no fees if you pay on time.

Edit: I did a payflex deal on geewiz in December and lost my card and had to cancel it and get a new one. As the card details Payflex had on record was different my second payment could not go off. They did send me a sms and I immediately did a manual payment without incurring the R65 fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuu

enerdude

Expert Member
Romoss is ok, but lower quality.
Not sure why you say Romoss is lower quality cause I still have a 7800mah Romoss from 2015 which is still going strong. Bought it on takealot at the time and it stated that it came with a genuine Samsung cell inside which is obviously good quality.

Since then bought other Romoss models like the sense series which can charge low powered devices like bluetooth earphones which my original Romoss could not do.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
Not sure why you say Romoss is lower quality cause I still have a 7800mah Romoss from 2015 which is still going strong. Bought it on takealot at the time and it stated that it came with a genuine Samsung cell inside which is obviously good quality.

Since then bought other Romoss models like the sense series which can charge low powered devices like bluetooth earphones which my original Romoss could not do.
They're a lower tier brand than say - ZMI

enerdude

Expert Member

Geewiz also has good pricing however you need to add shipping of R69
Minis are R355

Google Home - R1095