Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

_kabal_

Expert Member

L-Dog

Expert Member

airborne

Honorary Master

Airpods for R2k, even cheaper if you have miles.
Air Pods Max, apples over ear headphones, only R11k, bargain!

I didn't realise they were so expensive.
These days it's quite easy to just have your iPhone, Air Pods Max and MacBook in your bag and be holding over a R100k worth of hardware.

You Apple guys must either live risky or pay shedloads each month in all risks insurance?

L-Dog

Expert Member
Agreed bought the airpods for my wife after looking for months, 2nd hand pods going for R 2200 - R 1800 so it was worth it for me. The I store was packed and looked like a castle ad with a old lady, a few guys who looked liked east african rappers, a few Asians and a some boerkie. Not sure how they get such a wide spectrum of customers of all incomes but they are doing something right.

s0lar

Expert Member
Agreed bought the airpods for my wife after looking for months, 2nd hand pods going for R 2200 - R 1800 so it was worth it for me. The I store was packed and looked like a castle ad with a old lady, a few guys who looked liked east african rappers, a few Asians and a some boerkie. Not sure how they get such a wide spectrum of customers of all incomes but they are doing something right.
Euw, no I won’t buy something secondhand that has been in a strangers ear. That’s like buying secondhand socks.

enerdude

Expert Member
Euw, no I won’t buy something secondhand that has been in a strangers ear. That’s like buying secondhand socks.
Can't say I agree with you comparing socks with earphones. Got myself a bargain on JBLs for R1.2k and did not have one mark one them nevermind earwax

Quicks

Expert Member
PowerUp 30 000mAh Quad Output PD Fast Charge Power Bank R499

how does it compare to Romoss Sense 8+? Not really in a rush to buy one can always wait for the Romoss to go on special.

johnjm

Expert Member

how does it compare to Romoss Sense 8+? Not really in a rush to buy one can always wait for the Romoss to go on special.

It’s a waste IMO, it only has 18w PD and is 30000mah. Would be better to have 60w or even 100w cabaility at that capacity.

That said, for the money it’s a great deal for that size.

enerdude

Expert Member

Two is similar not sure about the cell quality cause I'm a big fan of Romoss. Both is 18w PD and has similar inputs / outputs.
According to specs, the powerup one is about 60g lighter it seems