Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

tm458

Not sure if 22% saving is a bargain for some people but this is the first time (aside from black friday) that i see a qled tv dip below the R10k mark

airborne

Honorary Master
Not sure if 22% saving is a bargain for some people but this is the first time (aside from black friday) that i see a qled tv dip below the R10k mark

Isn’t Quantum Dot Samsung tech, does that mean it has a Samsung panel in it?

Nike7

Expert Member
Afaik quantum dot is only the film on top of the panel that filters out certain wavelengths of light for better colour.

tm458

I stand to be corrected but the quantom dot tech itself is not a proprietary thing owned by samsung.
Hisense uses their own panels for their TVs (besides their oled range).

Jefferson D'Arcy

I bought them in last month's sale when they were, wait for it, R2899.

To avoid courier shittery, I opted for click and collect and deliberately chose a store showing this item in stock. Amateur hour fulfillment follows where tracking doesn't update for over a week (!) - order placed to picking simply never updated.

Seemingly, picking doesn't happen from shelf stock as you'd expect. Or, the in-store zombies aren't very quick on the uptake and take web orders as something to do at their leisure. God knows why, they do literally ****all all day.

Then, midweek, the transaction reverses with zero explanation or contact.

Yesterday, some imbecile rings 4 times in a row instead of doing the logical thing of leaving a voicemail which I'd return.

My item is ready.

airborne

Honorary Master
RTX 3060 Ti for R8,999, that's almost as cheap as guys are selling them for 2hnd currently. A 360ti is just behind a 3070, a great card. How much lower are these prices going to go in future?
I don't really need an upgrade right now but 2hnd prices are collapsing so it may be the opportune time right now to sell and upgrade. Another factor is with the exchange rate at R16,82/$ new prices are probably going to be heading skywards..

Lupus

Honorary Master
RTX 3060 Ti for R8,999, that's almost as cheap as guys are selling them for 2hnd currently. A 360ti is just behind a 3070, a great card. How much lower are these prices going to go in future?
I don't really need an upgrade right now but 2hnd prices are collapsing so it may be the opportune time right now to sell and upgrade. Another factor is with the exchange rate at R16,82/$ new prices are probably going to be heading skywards..
200 bucks less if you take the Galax version.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member

Taking inflation into account, the 3080Ti is just a couple of thousand more expensive than what I paid for my 1080Ti in 2017.
Not bad...

Still waiting for the 4000 series though.

airborne

Honorary Master
Taking inflation into account, the 3080Ti is just a couple of thousand more expensive than what I paid for my 1080Ti in 2017.
Not bad...

Still waiting for the 4000 series though.

That’s remarkable and the 1080ti price was well before the times of the crypto mining hyper inflation?

I’ve seen 1080ti’s going for R4500 recently, in February when I was looking at cards they were selling for R7-8k