Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

PhireSide

Honorary Master

Anyone ever tried this tablet ? Specs seem good for the price but have struggled with underpowered tablets in the past so a bit skeptical
I'd stay away. The reviews look pretty bad, and the specs are quite mediocre at best. You don't even get a FHD display so it's probably 720p at best, which will look quite blurry on that display size.

L-Dog

Expert Member
I'd stay away. The reviews look pretty bad, and the specs are quite mediocre at best. You don't even get a FHD display so it's probably 720p at best, which will look quite blurry on that display size.

Thanks yeah I saw that, actually want to get the Samsung tab a8 but it doesn't have a keyboard which is extremely frustrating. Ipad seems to be the go to but just adds another OS and cable system which I am not to keen on.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Thanks yeah I saw that, actually want to get the Samsung tab a8 but it doesn't have a keyboard which is extremely frustrating. Ipad seems to be the go to but just adds another OS and cable system which I am not to keen on.
What specs are you looking for, and what must-have features does it need? I'll keep a look out for you. Are you averse to a contract, or do you want to pay upfront?

L-Dog

Expert Member
What specs are you looking for, and what must-have features does it need? I'll keep a look out for you. Are you averse to a contract, or do you want to pay upfront?

Will pay cash as I am looking for something between 5-6k can push to 10k or get a contract if there is a good deal. Basically just media consumption, basic office (excel + emails) and a few apps like monday, to do list etc. I have a surface go 2 which works well but battery life is just not enough when traveling for work which is twice a week.

Best options seem to be the Samsung Tab a8 or the Ipad 9, (Wifi version is fine have lots of data on my phone)

Just found this keyboard which doesn't look to bad but not sure if the site is legit.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Will pay cash as I am looking for something between 5-6k can push to 10k or get a contract if there is a good deal. Basically just media consumption, basic office (excel + emails) and a few apps like monday, to do list etc. I have a surface go 2 which works well but battery life is just not enough when traveling for work which is twice a week.

Best options seem to be the Samsung Tab a8 or the Ipad 9, (Wifi version is fine have lots of data on my phone)

Just found this keyboard which doesn't look to bad but not sure if the site is legit.

FNB has a nice deal on the Ipad 9 (not sure if it's still running but basically R199 pm x 24), although it's the barebones 64GB model without LTE.

I'd probably recommend that you try and find a keyboard separately regardless of what you choose, since a lot of times those bundles are sold as a package, so if your keyboard/stylus/cover breaks, you have to send everything back to the retailer/manufacturer. If you buy it separately, then you just send the broken piece in. Not a major issue but something I've been bitten by before (was a 10-pack LED bulb and when two of them went dead, I had to go unscrew them all from my rooms and send them in - needless to say I never went that route).

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I ordered something in 2019 for collection, it never arrived at the store I asked for, I had to end up getting it delivered as it arrived at a store 26km away.
Shambles. Hopefully they've fixed the teething problems.

zolly

Expert Member
Friend of mine's 2080 started giving some intermittent issues 2.8 years into the 3 year warranty.
Wootware gave him a full refund to which he added a few bucks to get a 3070TI.

How recently was this? I had a motherboard die and I got offered a replacement. I bought a new one in the meanwhile and would have preferred cash if that was an option since it's been three weeks since I sent the board to them.

Reactions: Yuu

rodga

Honorary Master
View attachment 1337870

Anyone know how soon/fast can you collect when you buy online?
Ordered something on Monday morning and it was ready for collection by lunch time.
Will be store dependent though and if they have the item in stock or if they have to wait for it from another store/dc. You can check if the item is available at the store online, and then call after you place your order to ask them to get it ready for you

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Ordered something on Monday morning and it was ready for collection by lunch time.
Will be store dependent though and if they have the item in stock or if they have to wait for it from another store/dc. You can check if the item is available at the store online, and then call after you place your order to ask them to get it ready for you
At the store online?

Conack

Expert Member
How recently was this? I had a motherboard die and I got offered a replacement. I bought a new one in the meanwhile and would have preferred cash if that was an option since it's been three weeks since I sent the board to them.
Happened in February. 2080's weren't available so they couldn't give him a replacement card, so a full refund was offered.

rodga

Honorary Master
At the store online?
Yep
588c7de4188282a094ee5c1dca7b12fc.jpg
3ec695cf01122f0bb1a686a5a3b2f79d.jpg
df933b3e85a5254499072a340230f05a.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Ellies Portable PV DC Kit with 50W/h Lithium-ion Battery​

Portable PV DC Kit with 50W/h Lithium-ion Battery

For R360!

bar1

Expert Member

For R360!
looks good....does it come with the solar panel?
not clear...

WAslayer

Executive Member
looks good....does it come with the solar panel?
not clear...
Seems pretty clear:....

Package Contents
Package Contents
! x 5w Solar Panel | 1 x Pocket Power Station | 1 x 50W/h Lithion-ion Battery | 1 x 5m Solar Panel Cabling

Also, at 50Wh, this is not going to be great for more than charging tablet/phone or running a very low powered router through loadshedding..

ronz91

Expert Member

For R360!
So the solar panel can be used for charging other stuff too right? I get its 5W and will be really slow

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Seems pretty clear:....

Package Contents
Package Contents
! x 5w Solar Panel | 1 x Pocket Power Station | 1 x 50W/h Lithion-ion Battery | 1 x 5m Solar Panel Cabling

Also, at 50Wh, this is not going to be great for more than charging tablet/phone or running a very low powered router through loadshedding..
Indeed for guys with LTE/5G it would great, means they can mount there LTE router on the roof without addtional power so that they can better reception.

Faux_Grey

For R360!
Does it not only output 6 volts?
Looks like it's just designed for USB devices & not 12v routers..
The DC barrel connectors you see on the box are for solar input, not output.