Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get a 5800X3D. Question is whether it's worth getting considering 90% of the time I'm using Google docs and playing League of Legends Once in a while I get a AAA title (playing Spider-Man atm) but I sort of wonder whether it would be an upgrade from my 3600 (non-x) in the long term...
It will be, but at what cost :) my jump from a 2600 to a 5600 gave a bit of head room on my pc.
Though I want to upgrade my son's 1600af to something else like a 3600 if I can find one decently priced, the 1600AF was good value in 2020 though
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuu
What was that service that gives you a free google drive?
I tried it a while ago and it didnt work but might try it again
 
What was that service that gives you a free google drive?
I tried it a while ago and it didnt work but might try it again

Free as in more storage than the Drive free tier?
 
Could be some deals at Game, closing 8 stores:

"Eight stores are now in the process of being shut. It has begun aggressive markdowns on all stock at these stores, listed on its website.

The stores being closed include Bel Air (Northriding), Greenstone and Mall of the South in Johannesburg, the Cape Town CBD one, the Ulundi and Westwood Mall outlets in KwaZulu-Natal, the Gilwell store in East London and Game in Hazyview.

With very limited exclusions, discounts of up to 40% are being offered on all stock"

 

ASUS TUF X570 PRO WI-FI II AMD AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX gaming motherboard​


R 1,999

 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuu

ASUS TUF X570 PRO WI-FI II AMD AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX gaming motherboard​


R 1,999

 
Apart from the sound blaster x4/xonar cards which is the recommended hifi card? Seems sb x4 and stx II are still the best for what they are unless you go A7 (sb range).
 

ASUS TUF X570 PRO WI-FI II AMD AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX gaming motherboard​


R 1,999


Hmm :unsure:. Anyone using one of these yet?
 
Apart from the sound blaster x4/xonar cards which is the recommended hifi card? Seems sb x4 and stx II are still the best for what they are unless you go A7 (sb range).
What you want to use it for?

I would almost always get an external DAC or sound interface. Maybe something like a Scarlett Solo/2i2?
 
What you want to use it for?

I would almost always get an external DAC or sound interface. Maybe something like a Scarlett Solo/2i2?
Yes, that is another I need is decent dac/amp to manage my speakers and 250 ohm head phones. Thanks.

Immediate requirements is getting off onboard soundcard. The one I have is pci; that is the asus xunar essence. So post upgrade to modern era there's no more pci and I'm not going the adapter or external pci case route. Basically a decent sound device to match my studio cans and critical listening reference, otherwise any card would have been ok. If I have to go two devices that is also fine, sound card device + amp for proper control over bass, treble etc for the speakers.
 
Yes, that is another I need is decent dac/amp to manage my speakers and 250 ohm head phones. Thanks.

Immediate requirements is getting off onboard soundcard. The one I have is pci; that is the asus xunar essence. So post upgrade to modern era there's no more pci and I'm not going the adapter or external pci case route. Basically a decent sound device to match my studio cans and critical listening reference, otherwise any card would have been ok. If I have to go two devices that is also fine, sound card device + amp for proper control over bass, treble etc for the speakers.
Look for a PCIe Asus Xonar, very nice cards, they pop up on Carbonite every so often
 
What you want to use it for?

I would almost always get an external DAC or sound interface. Maybe something like a Scarlett Solo/2i2?
I'm very happy with my Arturia Minifuse 2.

usb-c

Has 2 mic inputs (XLR), midi out, etc.

I could have gone the Scarlett route, but I'm quite happy with the Minifuse. Mine is connected to my Yamaha HS7's

R1800 on takealot - https://www.takealot.com/arturia-minifuse-1-1-x-2-usb-c-audio-interface-black/PLID90448131


I bought elsewhere as I wanted, no needed the white version :)

My kitchen table currently looks like this; wife is away, so i can spread out in her domain hahah
Arturia to the rear of the space between the ipad and the macbook.

If I want a better audio, I have an AUNE DAC stack, although its at home in Shanghai, with my decent headphones :(

1663007722914.png
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X