Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this one? Anyone have one?

Dell S2722DGM 27" WQHD (2560x1440) 165Hz 2ms VA AMD FreeSync Premium 1500R Curved Gaming Desktop Monitor​

I see the reviews are kinda good, although it is a VA panel.
I use one in my office it's really good. Really good VA panel
 
I am not a pixel snob. For context I have an old 55inch Samsung plasma TV and an old LG 24inch IPS as my main monitor at home.

At work I have a new "fancy" Dell 24 inch VA panel and lets put it this way... the VA panels suck compared to even older IPS screens. At 27 inchs I would claw my eyes out I think. The panel feels blurry and I mainly look at text all day. There is like a soft halo around the letters. Its just not sharp at all.

If you want to save then get a second hand IPS. If you can wait then save for an IPS.
There is a massive difference between a cheap and nasty office monitor VA panel VS a somewhat decent gaming monitor with a VA panel

I have 2 Dell monitors side by side
Dell 1440p 27inch 165HZ VA Panel and a Dell 1080p 27 inch 75HZ IPS Panel

Text is clear and has no halo on my VA panel, my IPS panel has duller colors, blacks are more grey vs black on the VA Panel.
In very fast paced movement there is some ghosting on the VA panel but I am not really that sensitive to it and considering I don't really play games with very fast paced camera movement like CS GO etc...

All depends on how sensitive each individual is these kinds of issues. I really like my VA panel, other people might be so sensitive to ghosting that they might not be happy with it at all.
 
Last edited:
What about this one? Anyone have one?

Dell S2722DGM 27" WQHD (2560x1440) 165Hz 2ms VA AMD FreeSync Premium 1500R Curved Gaming Desktop Monitor​

I see the reviews are kinda good, although it is a VA panel.
The Dell S2721DGFA is similar at quick glance and is IPS. Not curved though. They go for around R7,500. Very happy with mine.
 

Patriot P400 Lite Gen 4 x4 PCIe m.2 Internal 1TB SSD​

PCIe 4X4 controller | NVMe 1.4 | Up to 3,500MB/s Read Speed | Up to 2,700MB/s Write Speed


R1099

Suppliers want R1500 inc vat for cheapest drive!
 

Patriot P400 Lite Gen 4 x4 PCIe m.2 Internal 1TB SSD​

PCIe 4X4 controller | NVMe 1.4 | Up to 3,500MB/s Read Speed | Up to 2,700MB/s Write Speed


R1099

Suppliers want R1500 inc vat for cheapest drive!
Thanks, great price. I see it is R1,099 quite regularly. Also better/faster than the Kingston equivalent which is sometimes priced the same.
 

Patriot P400 Lite Gen 4 x4 PCIe m.2 Internal 1TB SSD​

PCIe 4X4 controller | NVMe 1.4 | Up to 3,500MB/s Read Speed | Up to 2,700MB/s Write Speed


R1099

Suppliers want R1500 inc vat for cheapest drive!
How decent is that drive, how long can it sustain the rated read and write speeds?
 

Patriot P400 Lite Gen 4 x4 PCIe m.2 Internal 1TB SSD​

PCIe 4X4 controller | NVMe 1.4 | Up to 3,500MB/s Read Speed | Up to 2,700MB/s Write Speed


R1099

Suppliers want R1500 inc vat for cheapest drive!
for a gen4 its rather pathetic, even gen3's are faster than that
 

Was R599 yesterday, still a good deal I think.
Ordered last night and already received.
Not home at the moment so will test it later.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X