HarmonyOS vs Android

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
HarmonyOS vs Android

Huawei recently launched its new operating system, HarmonyOS, which has the potential to replace Android on Huawei smartphones.

"HarmonyOS is completely different from Android and iOS," explained Huawei Consumer Business CEO, Richard Yu.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
We already know China's playbook with this OS. When it's ready for phones, the Chinese government will force all Chinese brands to run a version of it instead of Android.
For the international market China would use the huge Chinese market as a carrot sticks to get international devs to make apps for the OS..

agentrfr

Expert Member
"offers enhanced security and lower latency because only the most basic services are performed within the microkernel "

Yeah, like complete surveilance of all your communications including full access to all of your documents and media.

konfab

Honorary Master
"offers enhanced security and lower latency because only the most basic services are performed within the microkernel "

Yeah, like complete surveilance of all your communications including full access to all of your documents and media.
Security means that the Chinese government is always on your phone, protecting you from yourself.

agentrfr

Expert Member
Security means that the Chinese government is always on your phone, protecting you from yourself.
But of course! How can you expect any individual to be capable of critical thought and making their own decisions. Induvidual agency?

What a grand and intoxicating innocence!

Daruk

Honorary Master
"This is in contrast to Android, which executes about a thousand times more code from within its Linux-based kernel."
I can do stats, me!
About a thousand times... give or take 999

Let me guess, they're going to open source it?
:ROFL:

fbman

So instead of being spied on by the americans, you get spied on by the Chinese