Has Maimane failed to lead the DA?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You have to be consistent. You are not. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you are not?

The FACT is in SA people WILL vote for all sorts of reasons, including totally frivolous reasons such as:

(1) They gave me a T shirt a day out in Deben, and lunch.
(2) They gave me R 100 to buy food.
(3) My parents voted for them.
(4) They are black
(5) They are white
(6) They speak Zulu
(7) They hate whites
(8) They hate blacks
(9) They sing and dance
(10) They threatened to beat me to a pulp and burn my house down if I don't
And maybe a few:

(11) Because I agree with their policies and plans to improve the country
(12) They indicate that they will improve our lives and create jobs etc.
(13) They will stop corruption.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Huh? Are you now saying now wanting to grow your party in the rest of the voter block (that happens to be black) is race-based policy? Where do you think their growth will come from? Is it not from the rest of the voters that didn't vote for them?

It is math, not race-based.
Seriously?

You want to attract black votes by using platforms/policy based on race. It is race-based. You are pandering to them, on their race. This is populism based on race. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are not coming at them from your positions on immigration, national security, business, economy or social welfare. You are coming at them on their race.

Policy is documented, what a leader say, if it's not in the doc its not party policy. You DID vote for a party, didn't you?
If you are not aware, Zille wanted to ditch BEE in 2013 and as recently as 2018 the DA committed to ditching it. This I am in agreement with. But then they got indecisive and managed to alienate both groups of voters. So on top of playing identity politics they don't even have policy clarity. This is something that has become more apparent in recent months/years, so yes, I did vote for the party but as we can see, things change.

Really? The people that was comfortable voting for a white majority party, then the whites started to feel "alienated".

I guess blacks really is the architects of apartheid..
Which white majority party?

mushroom

musi is kwai and he talk kwai stuff but i think aunty pat will in cape town evans here by me in serepta the ppl is everybody aunty pat veskrik when she did come here with the aunty pat bus and klop the music

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
musi is kwai and he talk kwai stuff but i think aunty pat will in cape town evans here by me in serepta the ppl is everybody aunty pat veskrik when she did come here with the aunty pat bus and klop the music
Yeah ok larney...

The Free Radical

If the BLF can now register with the IEC as a party with only accepts black voters (as ruled today), perhaps a whites-only party will now emerge. Just saying. That would be equality, wouldn't it?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If the BLF can now register with the IEC as a party with only accepts black voters (as ruled today), perhaps a whites-only party will now emerge. Just saying. That would be equality.
No, they would be racism... just like the BLF is a blatantly racist organisation.

smi

Expert Member
Maybe voting DA is the best hope many have to ensure their province remains more stable and functional than the rest of the country