Hass and IDS alarm integration

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Busy with it on my side. Long process (laziness from my side) but will get there eventually (I hope). So far have managed to get all their web service calls into HASS (using Python scripts to do the calls) - don't need HYYP app on the phone. My alarm arm/disarm/bypass/etc. are driven by our home/away status and the time of day. Hope to completely cut out their web service/MQTT/HYYP route eventually and control the system directly via the HYYP module and the Mosquitto broker.
Bit late to the party, how does the Hyyp thing work? I see a few guys selling the module but no one is clear on whether or not the service is paid for?

I know your experience hasn't been great but as of late ADT seems to be using the service and friends of mine are happy with the reliability as of late.

grump_grouch

Bit late to the party, how does the Hyyp thing work? I see a few guys selling the module but no one is clear on whether or not the service is paid for?

I know your experience hasn't been great but as of late ADT seems to be using the service and friends of mine are happy with the reliability as of late.
I got rid of the IDS system - too many issues and excuses/promises from them. The HYYP wasn't a paid service (at that time) or the costs were integrated into my armed response - either way, I didn't see a billable specific to making use of the phone app or their API.

hilton

Expert Member

When I bought my IDS system was installed the HYYP app was very buggy. If I didn't stay arm via the app before 12 midnight, I had to wait forty minutes or so. Either that or get out of bed and manually stay arm. However this year it's been very stable. No extra costs of course. I love that I can open my gate at home whilst sitting at work.

georgelza

Did you ever get this done.
I have the same unit, with a IP150... that part I love, the InsiteGold application is a piece of junk.
Also have a HomeAssistant setup at home, would love to be able to control/view my SP6000 via the Home assistant.
I have some outside lights thats on Sonoff's that I'd love to toggle base on VX's open/close status connected to my Sp6000.

G

hilton

Expert Member
The limiting factor of the Paradox SP6000 is that it only has 2 partitions (AFAIK). The IDS x64 has 8. This is a deal breaker for me.

grump_grouch

Did you ever get this done.
I have the same unit, with a IP150... that part I love, the InsiteGold application is a piece of junk.
Also have a HomeAssistant setup at home, would love to be able to control/view my SP6000 via the Home assistant.
I have some outside lights thats on Sonoff's that I'd love to toggle base on VX's open/close status connected to my Sp6000.

G

You can manage your Paradox alarm via PAI from within Home Assistant. This will then allow you to toggle lights, automations, etc. based on zone and partition status.

georgelza

... interesting...
Been a Paradox client for many years, previously in Jhb and now in Jeffreysbay... I love the Sp6000, a very good stable / feature rich system, but that InsiteGold app is a piece of sh$t.... to the point I was planning on ripping everything out and replacing with a IDS system, as I noticed they had MQTT ability...I also wanted to interface my SP6000+IP150 with HA before, but what the 4.0.40 .* FW upgrade they/Paradox did allot of bad things, that locked us out, now 2 yrs have passed, I haven't followed the thread that much, but was aware of the early days of PAI...
Seems everything have changed... they got PAI working with IP150 and the FW and HA...
Biggest thing might be to get HA working outside my network, and then disconnect from the paradox/Insite/cloud setup.

guess I might not be buying a IDS setup and might be playing a bit more the holiday, see if I can PAI working first.
The screen shots in John White's blog, shows the previous version of the web interface, does that come alive again when you disconnect from the paradox site, as in the current version you don't see those interfaces anymore.

G

Neuk_

Expert Member
... interesting...
Been a Paradox client for many years, previously in Jhb and now in Jeffreysbay... I love the Sp6000, a very good stable / feature rich system, but that InsiteGold app is a piece of sh$t.... to the point I was planning on ripping everything out and replacing with a IDS system, as I noticed they had MQTT ability...I also wanted to interface my SP6000+IP150 with HA before, but what the 4.0.40 .* FW upgrade they/Paradox did allot of bad things, that locked us out, now 2 yrs have passed, I haven't followed the thread that much, but was aware of the early days of PAI...
Seems everything have changed... they got PAI working with IP150 and the FW and HA...
Biggest thing might be to get HA working outside my network, and then disconnect from the paradox/Insite/cloud setup.

guess I might not be buying a IDS setup and might be playing a bit more the holiday, see if I can PAI working first.
The screen shots in John White's blog, shows the previous version of the web interface, does that come alive again when you disconnect from the paradox site, as in the current version you don't see those interfaces anymore.

G

Similar to myself, I am happy with our Paradox alarm but the Insite Gold application ahs been pretty terrible from day one. I was busy with trying to get Home Assistant to interface with our MG5050 panel via the standard IP150 but it looks like I need to upgrade firmware. It has been recommended that I avoid upgrading firmware and explore other avenues of integration with Home Assistant.

grump_grouch

I control my alarm outside the network via Home Assistant or Insight - PAI allows Insight to connect even though PAI is running. So Home Assistant via SSL or I VPN into my home network. Everything I need to do I now do via Home Assistant. Haven't had to use Insight for a while (still have it loaded for in-case and to duplicate the notifications of trigger/arm/disarm)

Personal experience with the IDS system - I would not touch them again.

georgelza

... looking at HA... let me install PA and see what I end with and take from there.luckily for me the 2 partitions on the paradox is enough, only reason i was looking at the IDS is, it's local, it has mqtt and does not use InsiteGold...

G

georgelza

I control my alarm outside the network via Home Assistant or Insight - PAI allows Insight to connect even though PAI is running. So Home Assistant via SSL or I VPN into my home network. Everything I need to do I now do via Home Assistant. Haven't had to use Insight for a while (still have it loaded for in-case and to duplicate the notifications of trigger/arm/disarm)

and this is why there is forums like this.

Thanks.

G

georgelza

Glad to see I can still use InsitteGold via IP150 and at the same time HA via PAI into the panel.
Gives me comfortable feeling, I can play with HA while wife uses inside gold still.
G

grump_grouch

... looking at HA... let me install PA and see what I end with and take from there.luckily for me the 2 partitions on the paradox is enough, only reason i was looking at the IDS is, it's local, it has mqtt and does not use InsiteGold...
Controlled my IDS X64 via MQTT previously - major problem I had was that it was not local to the alarm - you had to go via the IDS servers, and their servers were more down than up. So essentially they controlled your alarm and you merely requested them to action something on your behalf.

georgelza

... once pai installed, the values in the configuration link at the top looks very different from JohnWhite's page ?
who's done this recently.
G

georgelza

Controlled my IDS X64 via MQTT previously - major problem I had was that it was not local to the alarm - you had to go via the IDS servers, and their servers were more down than up. So essentially they controlled your alarm and you merely requested them to action something on your behalf.
see the "dislike" also.

I'd like to pull as much local as I can and only leave the IP150+Insite gold in the cloud, eventually as a backup.
My system is 99% off the grid, Solar system/batteries etc so not worried...
G

georgelza

... this is the settings exposed in configuration atm.
what do I set and leave alone ?
I've made bold what I think I can set.

LOGGING_FILE: null
LOGGING_LEVEL_CONSOLE: 20
LOGGING_LEVEL_FILE: 40
LOGGING_DUMP_PACKETS: false
LOGGING_DUMP_MESSAGES: false
LOGGING_DUMP_STATUS: false
LOGGING_DUMP_EVENTS: false
CONNECTION_TYPE: null
SERIAL_PORT: /dev/ttyUSB0
SERIAL_BAUD: 9600
IP_CONNECTION_HOST: 127.0.0.1
IP_CONNECTION_PORT: 10000
IP_CONNECTION_PASSWORD: paradox
IP_CONNECTION_SITEID: null
IP_CONNECTION_EMAIL: null
IP_CONNECTION_PANEL_SERIAL: null
IP_CONNECTION_BARE: false
LIMITS: {}
SYNC_TIME: true
PASSWORD: '0000'
MQTT_ENABLE: true
MQTT_HOST: core-mosquitto
MQTT_PORT: 1883
MQTT_USERNAME: pai
MQTT_PASSWORD: my_very_secure_password

MQTT_RETAIN: true
MQTT_BIND_ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1
MQTT_BIND_PORT: 0
MQTT_HOMEASSISTANT_AUTODISCOVERY_ENABLE: true

grump_grouch

If you connect via IP150, all you really need to configure is - seems like you left out connection type

CONNECTION_TYPE: IP
IP_CONNECTION_HOST: <ip150_ip_address>
IP_CONNECTION_PORT: Mip150_port>
MQTT_ENABLE: true
MQTT_USERNAME: <mqtt_uid>
MQTT_PASSWORD: <mqtt_password>
MQTT_RETAIN: true
MQTT_BIND_ADDRESS: <mqtt_server_ip_address>
MQTT_BIND_PORT: <mqtt_server_port>>