Hass and IDS alarm integration

l3ok

I can, but give me a few days. I need to get into the top cupboard to get to the panel. Thinking about it today, I actually want to do away with the usb serial port and wire the Pi Zero Uart directly to the panel (they both 5V ttl) and print a nice enclosure for all of it to fit into. It’ll make the setup less clunky. Pi Zero, Panel, klaar.

Edit: I see Pi’s pins are 3.3v and not 5V tolerant. Crap.
Yes you will need a level shifter to go directly to the pi pins, this is my shopping list:
1600845891729.png
1600851163048.png
1600851215774.png

Last edited:

nad_isa

I managed to get my Paradox SP6000 based alarm integrated into HA pretty easily. Have a look at the write up here.

so all i need is for someone to install a compatible paradox system and get the ip150 module as well. any things i need to be aware of pre-installing - dont have to worry about hardware or software versions?

does paradox systems have a app similar to ids (hyyp) in the meanwhile while i mess with HomeAssistant?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
so all i need is for someone to install a compatible paradox system and get the ip150 module as well. any things i need to be aware of pre-installing - dont have to worry about hardware or software versions?

does paradox systems have a app similar to ids (hyyp) in the meanwhile while i mess with HomeAssistant?
https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai/wiki#mqtt-dash ?

Or you asking about Official like swan?

nad_isa

https://github.com/ParadoxAlarmInterface/pai/wiki#mqtt-dash ?

Or you asking about Official like swan?

thanks yes - just wanted to see what it is..

i found the below link as well. im a newbie to HA as well so seems like somewhere for me to start.

the main thing is i want to make the correct investment in the alarm hardware from the outset. was leaning towards IDS but based on this thread looks like i need to steer towards the paradox if i wana use HA as my hub.

l3ok

i found the below link as well. im a newbie to HA as well so seems like somewhere for me to start.

the main thing is i want to make the correct investment in the alarm hardware from the outset. was leaning towards IDS but based on this thread looks like i need to steer towards the paradox if i wana use HA as my hub.
You do not need the IP150. The Pi can simulate the IP150 if I remember correctly.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

Had a Paradox + Swan (Inside Gold) from the start so when I started playing with Home Automation & HassIO I just added it without giving it much thought.

nad_isa

Had a Paradox + Swan (Inside Gold) from the start so when I started playing with Home Automation & HassIO I just added it without giving it much thought.

Thanks. you using the pi or ip150 or another means to integrate?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Thanks. you using the pi or ip150 or another means to integrate?

IP150, had one before started tinkering. When I bought it I was kinda disappointed on the units web interface and lack of control via it. Subbed to swan service and for 2 years forgot about it...

Now, I love the fact that I can connect from anywhere and see my home/Alarm state without any subs.

Last edited:

nad_isa

IP150, had one before started tinkering. When I bought it I was kinda disappointed on the units web interface and lack of control via it. Subbed to swan service and for 2 years forgot about it...

Now, I love the fact that I can connect from anywhere and see my home/Alarm state without any subs.
okay cool
- which firmare version of ip150 module you running. seeing posts online about firmware issues and troble downgrading etc?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
okay cool
- which firmare version of ip150 module you running. seeing posts online about firmware issues and troble downgrading etc?

See attached:

Attachments

• alarm2.jpg
    alarm2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 27
  • alarm1.jpg
    alarm1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
thanks - so you seem to be on 4.40 with no issues.

need to get intouch with my alarm guy to start speccing my alarm!

Guess so?

I just disabled Swan, told me if I do that it will be in local only mode and everything worked from there.... did not even know some people downgraded?

nad_isa

Guess so?

I just disabled Swan, told me if I do that it will be in local only mode and everything worked from there.... did not even know some people downgraded?

Yeh - with the Hass add on some people apparently having issues with ip150 and firmware etc. but im going to take the plunge and see how it goes.

gbyleveldt

If your intent is to only integrate with HA locally, then you don’t need the IP150 module. In fact, if you want to remotely control the alarm, I’d still not use the IP150, but rather use the optional cloud feature of HA and control the alarm (and the rest of the house) that way.

nad_isa

If your intent is to only integrate with HA locally, then you don’t need the IP150 module. In fact, if you want to remotely control the alarm, I’d still not use the IP150, but rather use the optional cloud feature of HA and control the alarm (and the rest of the house) that way.
So your recommendation is using the pi like in your case? Im Keepig an eye on that. But will take me time to understand and figure out. Pcb boards and the like is not something ive tried before.

gbyleveldt

So your recommendation is using the pi like in your case? Im Keepig an eye on that. But will take me time to understand and figure out. Pcb boards and the like is not something ive tried before.
Yup, seriously. It’s much cheaper and you don’t have to pull an Ethernet cable to your panel. Plus it exposes everything to HA to do with as you please. That being said, I’ve never had an IP150 module on my system, so not sure of all the features. Reading the experience of others, I think I’m better off, hehe

nad_isa

Yup, seriously. It’s much cheaper and you don’t have to pull an Ethernet cable to your panel. Plus it exposes everything to HA to do with as you please. That being said, I’ve never had an IP150 module on my system, so not sure of all the features. Reading the experience of others, I think I’m better off, hehe

Thanks! I know there is a github wiki. But care to do a rough how to and maybe drawing/pic so we can understand the practicalities? Nothing shmancy...

gbyleveldt

Thanks! I know there is a github wiki. But care to do a rough how to and maybe drawing/pic so we can understand the practicalities? Nothing shmancy...

Yeah I’ll do one up a little later. I want to first make my current implementation a little neater; then I’ll take pics and post the config s for it