Have you ever returned something because you found it cheaper elsewhere?

Have you ever returned something because you found it cheaper elsewhere?

• Yes - I have

Votes: 73 29.6%
  • I haven't but I might

Votes: 62 25.1%
  • No - I wouldn't

Votes: 108 43.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
I don't feel it's right to return something because you found it cheaper elsewhere - if the buyer didn't do due diligence beforehand, or it went on sale a day after, that's just bad luck or laziness, neither of which I feel the retailer should be held responsible for.

Elon

Yes I have, and I don’t feel even the tiniest twinge of guilt. Perhaps this thread will help me to see the error of my ways.

Wouldnt do it to a small business, I guess.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Yes. I was at PnP and I found the same thing cheaper at PnP and they refused to give me the discount so I retuned it

I took a number of these. Scanned full price at the till. I asked the manager whats going on, she told me its an online special only.
I asked if I order it online right here while standing in the store if Ill get the discount she said yes :/

I didnt have time for all that nonsense so I left it back. Next time Im going to get bread, Ill just order it online and collect it

1619167211307.png

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Yes, back in the say when I was hard up for cash. I bought Legend of Zelda: Windwaker on Takealot and then found it cheaper at Reggies or some store like that. Don't think I actually had collected the game so just cancelled the order, not sure if that counts.

Nithan15

Expert Member
Too much admin for me - it could cost more with logistics around the return and purchase from the other store.

Grouter

Expert Member
I bought my Mecer 2400 inverter at a solar shop in George for R3050 nearly 2 years ago. An hour later I was in my usual Computer shop and they had the same inverter for R1690. I took mine back to the solar shop, got a full refund, and bought the one from my computer shop guy.
Needless to say, I've NEVER gone back to that solar shop and tell others to steer away from them...

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
I have also used/abused games beat every price thing frequently.

Nappies for the kids, a tv, a generator and many more items.

Find cheapest in online shops (pick n pay/whatever online store), find same item at game and get it 5% cheaper.

My Dog Charlie

Yes I have taken an item back and discussed the price, asking the seller to match of better the price that I have found else where. The sellers price is their suggested contractual price, its open to discussion with the management.