Votes: 165 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 230 41.0%
  • Not yet, but I want to

Votes: 161 28.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters
Done an order and recieved it. And ordered my second order of stuff I don't need. Starting to look like Buffalo is the bottle neck. Took Buffulo 3 days to deliver from getting it and now with the second one I am on day 2 of waiting for the taxes amount.

l ordered a toddler Dress for R128 and women's casual ribbed 3pcs set for R42 discount normal price was R497

Total R170
Customs duty and VAT R84.15

R84.15 customs duty and VAT not too much for things less than R200?
Was that from Temu?

Makro sure look like they going to lose this one.

Temu took 8 working days (counting from the day after the order was made).

Makro on day 7... with zero updates or response to my support ticket.

I wouldn't normally order from Makro online but I don't need the item immediately and they had the best price on it, so 2 - 5 days sounded reasonable. I guess lesson learned, maybe they use SAPO for a courier :laugh:
For me Makro is kicking ass.

I ordered yesterday at 11:22am --> delivered today by 5pm.
(granted it was a 3rd party supplier and was delivered by TCG - but I'm impressed!)

Beating their 28th of Feb ETA.

Maybe they are not paying the correct taxes and duties but local retailers are ripping off customers big time.
Local retailers are sharks. Ripping us of by sometimes doubling or tripling or quadrupling the price of the product. I’m only loyal to my cash and I will order from anyone who will give me a better price for the same product. Ordered a Samsung tablet last year and saved a massive R10 000 from Amazon. Buy local …my black ass! Local isn’t lekker

For me Makro is kicking ass.

I ordered yesterday at 11:22am --> delivered today by 5pm.
(granted it was a 3rd party supplier and was delivered by TCG - but I'm impressed!)

Beating their 28th of Feb ETA.
Well I just ended up cancelling my order, online shopping with Makro is a terrible experience imo.

Reactions: Yuu
I will rather not comment on my "tax" amounts but it was below 15%. 1st order was about 15% and 2nd and 3rd was below.

Reactions: Yuu
Same here. Placed order yesterday for more kak I don't really need. Well, maybe I need about 50% of the items I ordered. Other items were some trinklets that I hope my son would find amusing for at least a day.

Good! I'm not going to be the only one ordering schit I don't need!

Back