Hermanus riots

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I wouldn't buy anything in Hermanus.

Last time I looked there were about 1000 properties for sale on Private Property and now it's 1962.

akescpt

Honorary Master
At a low price it’s a good idea, once Schulphoek is developed it will be worth a small fortune.
Google says that land was sold back to the mucipality for zwelihke in 2018

Edit
Government minister says agreement to buy. Company has agreement from 2017. Eviction lodged at court.

Seems like big mess at the moment.

Last edited:

biometrics

Honorary Master
Google says that land was sold back to the mucipality for zwelihke in 2018

Edit
Government minister says agreement to buy. Company has agreement from 2017. Eviction lodged at court.

Seems like big mess at the moment.
There is agreement by all stakeholders to proceed with the development. They are using the Better Living model which is a mixed development: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/betterlivingmodel/

I certainly won't buy there but with risk comes reward. I believe this development will proceed, if you buy cheap now you'll make plenty of money in a few years when it's completed. You obviously need to buy from a distressed seller. I feel bad for them but it's a opportunity for the savvy investor.

rambo919

Executive Member
It still amuses me that the taxi associations have become a force for order sometimes more effective than the police. They started with rapists and now have moved on to revolutionaries.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Schulphoek sold

shared via @Netwerk24

joshuatree

Expert Member
Schulphoek sold

shared via @Netwerk24
Western Cape Government bought it for R31,7million. 7500 housing opportunities for people of the greater Hermanus area...Movement/development will be seen at May/June 2020.

Hermanus is sure to expect a further influx.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Sounds like a win all round ? Is it ?
Depends from which side of the fence you are looking from. A "yes" from the sprawling township's side , a "no" from Sandbaai, Hermanus Beach Club , West Cliff's side.

scud

Depends from which side of the fence you are looking from. A "yes" from the sprawling township's side , a "no" from Sandbaai, Hermanus Beach Club , West Cliff's side.
True- we’ll I had plans to check in to kidbrooke in about 20 years time, might need a rethink :)