Hermanus riots

biometrics

Honorary Master
NEWS UPDATE: 13:30 12/07 - Zwelihle March To Hermanus CBD.
The group is now on the R43 in front of ABSA. From what we can gather they are now moving towards Cattle Barron. Will update when change. No real unrest and group seem peaceful. They will not be allowed 50m from any of the businesses. The business owners, that are on the list, will not be receiving any memorandum.
All Roads are open and our town is operating as per normal. Please go ahead with your day and feel free to visit us this weekend as this is not affecting business in and around the town at all.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Wtf do they think they are doing or achieving?
Just bizarre. These are the people that brought business to their knees and now want them to employ them.

Now what is interesting is that most people looking for work in the Hermanus Times claim to be Zimbabwean or Malawian. Which we all know is impossible. But shows you that the locals have a stigma and they know it. See the attachment.

Attachments

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Wtf do they think they are doing or achieving?
Exposing foreigners… disrupting businesses from employing foreigners. If I were a foreigner employed by a business listed for visitation, I would have urged my employer for keeping my employment of the books and from the premises. The government has also long blamed the employment of foreigners on Apartheid, that xenophobic acts are a response to the levels of frustration caused by inequality and social exclusion. All these businesses are doing is employing people willing for employment and who are suited for the position and culture of the business.

People need to market themselves; protesting isn’t the way of achieving employment in small to medium businesses. You won’t fit in.

Obviously, two goals are being met here. The attack on white monopoly capital, disruption thereof, and the act of xenophobia which is by large denied by national governance.

This is how I see things in any case.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
They had 1 526 more votes than the Capitalist Party in the Western Cape, but Hermanus is the Land Party's stronghold. I don't believe their leadership structure is from here, said under correction.

Then you need to take into regard that they are an ad-hoc party for causing disruption.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Exposing foreigners… disrupting businesses from employing foreigners. If I were a foreigner employed by a business listed for visitation, I would have urged my employer for keeping my employment of the books and from the premises. The government has also long blamed the employment of foreigners on Apartheid, that xenophobic acts are a response to the levels of frustration caused by inequality and social exclusion. All these businesses are doing is employing people willing for employment and who are suited for the position and culture of the business.

People need to market themselves; protesting isn’t the way of achieving employment in small to medium businesses. You won’t fit in.

Obviously, two goals are being met here. The attack on white monopoly capital, disruption thereof, and the act of xenophobia which is by large denied by national governornance.

This is how I see things in any case.
Sure, gotcha on that. I was more or less asking rhetorically what they hope to achieve by demanding to be hired by the businesses they are disrupting.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
They had 1 526 more votes than the Capitalist Party in the Western Cape, but Hermanus is the Land Party's stronghold. I don't believe their leadership structure is from here, said under correction.

Then you need to take into regard that they are an ad-hoc party for causing disruption.
Are you in Hermanus?