Hermanus riots

Spizz

Goat Botherer
This from the local paper. And surprise, surfekkinprise, wtf did they think was going to happen? Bully employers into giving them job? Some serious bad choices going on in Zwelihle and the bullies that are leading them are squarely to blame.

Screenshot 2019-07-09 at 19.05.57.png

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
They are making a very big mistake in my opinion by appeasing these "protesters".
They did it the last time, and they will do it again. The politicians have made protesting a convenience, though they do it to minimise risk (and damages) and then to negotiate acceptable terms, pending. The Hermanus land debate still isn’t settled and have created more disputes between groups seeking land.

Last night we had an unknown protest in Somerset West, cars on the N2 was stoned between 20h00-22h00 there at the Broadlands crossing. Some believe it may be in connection with the Land Party, again.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
They did it the last time, and they will do it again. The politicians have made protesting a convenience, though they do it to minimise risk (and damages) and then to negotiate acceptable terms, pending. The Hermanus land debate still isn’t settled and have created more disputes between groups seeking land.

Last night we had an unknown protest in Somerset West, cars on the N2 was stoned between 20h00-22h00 there at the Broadlands crossing. Some believe it may be in connection with the Land Party, again.
Do they have support over there? I thought it was just the idiots in Zwelihle.

And reading the buzz before this march was cancelled, I'm sure it won't be long before there will be some kind of counter and violence will happen.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Do they have support over there? I thought it was just the idiots in Zwelihle.

And reading the buzz before this march was cancelled, I'm sure it won't be long before there will be some kind of counter and violence will happen.
Land Party is pretty active in Strand, Caledon and Hermanus and Hermanus’s surrounding areas. The Land Party was also involved earlier the year in around April I believe in the illegal land occupation in Strand. They likely did that to capitalise on the politicking opportunity to maximise their votes at the election stations.

The locals don’t like the outsiders though. Mixed responses. They don’t like them, but they protest with them. I don’t always know what is really going on.

biometrics

Honorary Master
[05:26, 7/10/2019]
Kwanele kwanele! Enough is enough! The axe-man cometh...

Vanessa Swanepoel and her deluded apprentices-in-anarchy Gcobani Ndzongana and Siya Notwala waxed unlyrical at the OM Schulphoek Stakeholders meeting on Monday 8th July.

Garbled explainations for their 'reasoning' followed by virtue signalling followed by non sequiturs, plaintive pleas for 'understanding' followed by incoherence, and then much back-pedalling from their decision to 'be brutal to business' by marching against 'xenophobia' and 'racism' and the hiring of 'illegal immigrants' were all there in the maudlin mix.

Could it be the threat of bankruptsy (already a reality for some of them) from being sued by business owners whose enterprises have lost income from LP/OU/ZR's unwise actions in publically listing specific businesses to be targeted, while the few restaurants which they frequent (even one owned by WMC 'foreigners'; they love a 'free lunch') were conspicuously absent from that list? Did they lose their 'Dutch courage' gained from 'coco-ricos' after 'milking' those favoured restaurants and finally 'cave in' to the growing roar of the angry townsfolk... not to be mistaken for that of the 'ocean'?

Was it the fact that the townsfolk have all seen through the blatant racism, xenophobia and moronic Marxist mouthings of the failed LP/OU/ZR (all one & the same) 'alliance' plus the whispers that even the organized crime gangs are now opposed to their attempted sabotage of our town's economy, and are ready, willing & able (ironically standing alongside the much-mailgned 'private security' outfits and our neighbourhood watches) to deal with them, that made them swallow that bitter dose of realpolitik?

Could it have been the urgent Court injuction obtained forbidding them from approaching within 50m of the businesses that they so disingenuously listed as targets for their anarchy, and preventing them from blocking the arterial R43? They have habitually flouted the Law in the past. They became aware of the Interdict only shortly before the meeting, received formal notice of the injuction during the meeting and conveyed this grave news to their dwindling followers immediately after the meeting. The Interdict was as a result of a combined effort from the targeted businesses, and the WCBCF, who are to be commended & congratulated for striking this telling legal blow on behalf of all our law-abiding citizens, against anarchy.

Added to the above must be the harsh realization that having failed so miserably at the election polls, and then having tried to shift their blurred 'activist' focus to abortively and most unwisely interfere in the work of the Dept of Labour and Home Affairs, that the game of pretending to be relevant, is finally up. It was pitiful to see, really, but deeply satisfying, nonetheless.

Constantly insulting and threatening the good citizens of this town, having the temerity to call people who have worked all their lives to be able to settle in our beautiful region 'racist land-thieves' (when it is clear to even the most dimwitted that the real 'racist land-thieves' are in fact themselves), does not sit well. They underestimated the resolve of the good citizens of Hermanus to take back their town, and chase the anarchists out.

Whatever the reasons, their very public humiliation by the full spectrum of public officials, private enterprise, law-abiding townsfolk, provincial & municipal office-bearers, law enforcement and the Court itself, has stretched their necks, so to speak. There is now no doubt that 'the axe-man cometh'.

[05:26, 7/10/2019]
☝well said - from Cuan Elgin - posted on FB to Overstrand Unite - the poison page of VS..

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Haha, brilliant. I really hope these fsckers are now chased out of town by their own community.

Haha, brilliant. I really hope these fsckers are now chased out of town by their own community.
Back-pedal[ing] only leads to MORE backpeddling
Enough is enough people must now start with the famous -- "line-in-the-sand"
Enough bullying -- once people form a united front and fight back and call these "revolutionaries" bluff so the better it will all be -- for EVERYONE !
( As is evidenced by so many stories of normal people shooting the perp attackers -- and winning )

dj2381

Expert Member
This Vanessa chick and her friend Mandy Owens has been around a lot it seems, I'm quite keen to know what their angle is to be honest, I've only heard rumors so it won't help saying anything here in case they are wrong.

DvuFdH1WsAE8Jgb.jpg

Spizz

Goat Botherer
This Vanessa chick and her friend Mandy Owens has been around a lot it seems, I'm quite keen to know what their angle is to be honest, I've only heard rumors so it won't help saying anything here in case they are wrong.

View attachment 681785
That's nice of you. But they don't mind labeling people who disagree with them as racists without proof, so go ahead and tell us.

They are also ALLEGEDLY the people behind the Twitter and Facebook account "Busting the Myth of White Genocide"

dj2381

Expert Member
That's nice of you. But they don't mind labeling people who disagree with them as racists without proof, so go ahead and tell us.

They are also ALLEGEDLY the people behind the Twitter and Facebook account "Busting the Myth of White Genocide"
Yeah I believe that was one of them. As I have family in Hermanus there was word of mouth from one person to another and another etc, whether it is true is unknown, that she has a vested interest in the property market in Hermanus or surrounds I couldn't remember exactly, so the riots would devalue any property in or around the town, there's definitely something to be gained there, but don't take my word for it, I haven't seen any evidence anywhere of this being true yet.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I love the blaming businesses for being xenophobic while having a march complaining about foreigners :erm:

HERMANUS PROTEST TO COMMENCE TOMORROW

The Zwelihle community have decided to proceed with their march to hand over memorandums to various businesses that they believe are employing more Foreign Nationals than locals.

Although the protest, which was supposed to start on Tuesday the 9th of July, was called off due to successful engagements with various stakeholders, the community have decided to proceed with the it due to unnecessary legal action being taken against their leaders by Whale Coast Business Forum.

This action undermines the community and the problem. It is quite surprising considering that engagements with other stakeholders had a positive result. It shows that business does not take this problem of xenophobia seriously enough or respect the right of the community to protest. People's lives are at risk and they are worried about their businesses.
A court interdict obtained by the Whale Coast Business Forum against several of the leaders, the convener and the organisation Zwelihle Renewal does not stop the community from continuing with their planned march.
Lemon Butta and Harbour House have been removed from the list as they have engaged with community leaders and found win-win solutions to address the problem. The community is grateful for their co-operation.
The march will start at 7am at the Zwelihle taxi rank on Friday 12th July 2019. There will be no leadership present due to the court interdict so the public are asked to please go about their business peacefully and not antagonise the community members who will be marching.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
It makes me wonder how fscking stupid must you be if you think you can bully your way into a job.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Lol, they are trying a new tactic, marching without the interdicted leaders. Not really working out for them.

1562924635095.png

HERMANUS MARCH DASHBOARD

STATUS - 12 July 2019 10:30 - AMBER - Police Drive Group Of 250 From Westcliff Back To Zwelihle

NEWS AT 10:30 12/07: We can confirm that the police has driven about 250 people marching in Still Street Around West Cliff back into Zwelihle. Rubber bullets have been fired but the situation is now calm.
NEWS AT 08:00 12/07: Traffic in and out of Zwelihle is moving as normal, no disruptions. March has not started.
NEWS AT 06:00 12/07: Overstrand Traffic update 12 July 2019 at 06:00: All roads into and out of Hermanus are open and traffic is free-flowing.
SAPS, Overstrand Traffic, Law Enforcement and Task team will continue monitoring.
NEWS AT 20:50 11/07: According to the Zwelihle Renewal Facebook page the march will be without the leadership of Zwelihle Renewal Leadership as they are interdicted by the high court, a meeting was held at the Zwelihle Sportsgrounds tonight.
NEWS AT 20:30 11/07: Hermanus CPF 11/07/19 : SAPS confirm they are aware of the plan to proceed with the march to hand over memorandums to certain businesses tomorrow, and will ensure that the rights of others will not be infringed.