SauRoNZA
Honorary Master
Wow, crazy profit.
Well kudos to them there is a big market for an SA-plug configuration that is untouched so this a quick although not so elegant way to offer that.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Wow, crazy profit.
Yeah, I was doing them for about R275 with Basics.I see Geewiz is making a quick buck.
https://www.takealot.com/wifi-smart-plug-16a/PLID52091507
I had a similar idea for the bloody mosquito machines that only have SA plugs as an option but was trying think of a more elegant way to use my spare Basics.
The Pow makes a lot of sense, so I was wondering those 2-3 plug "splitters" with the direct plugin 3-prong on the back and 2 or 3 plug on the front if they would have enough space inside to drop the board in.
Or failing that a good old multiplug that isn't plastic welded together.
I see Geewiz is making a quick buck.
https://www.takealot.com/wifi-smart-plug-16a/PLID52091507
I had a similar idea for the bloody mosquito machines that only have SA plugs as an option but was trying think of a more elegant way to use my spare Basics.
The Pow makes a lot of sense, so I was wondering those 2-3 plug "splitters" with the direct plugin 3-prong on the back and 2 or 3 plug on the front if they would have enough space inside to drop the board in.
Or failing that a good old multiplug that isn't plastic welded together .
Looked at this but it's difficult to find one that isn't riveted or moulded into a single piece.
Depends on your equipment. My Ubiquiti USG takes a couple of minutes to start up, as well as the AP Pro. The switch comes up quickly but that doesn't help much.So delay the container?
Oddly I don’t have this problem because my network is up instantly...how can that be slower than HA I just don’t understand.
Only thing I delay is Letsencrypt.
Unraid array takes a moment or three to go online before starting Docker which is enough I guess.
I had a similar issue.So ever since this Load Shedding bullshit started my ET Blue garage motor has gone on the blink, but more specifically the Sonoff SV attached to it just goes offline as if it’s losing power.
Then I open the cover and fiddle with it and it comes back online. Sometimes it loses only some of its settings in the process (Tasmota what type of device it is and the GPIO settings) and other times it completely resets to the point it’s brand new and fresh with the default AP and everything.
So today thinking that maybe just maybe there’s a wiring problem with those stupid bread board connectors I soldered the lot to the board.
Plugged it in and stuck it on the side this time to make sure it’s not moving and maybe shorting or something and re-configured it and all is happiness.
18:00 Load Shedding comes and 20:00 it goes and so does the SV yet again and I simply don’t understand why.
Now there is one anomaly. The two batteries on board the unit are pretty much gone and can’t open the door any more during power outs. I’m using the 12V output on the board itself.
SURELY that 12v output doesn’t feed directly from the batteries? And that doesn’t make any sense because the thing works before load shedding happens. Unless it’s a case of charge time and if I leave it alone overnight without touching it then by morning it will happily be back again?
Actually sitting here now I guess I can answer my own question tomorrow by putting a voltmeter to it and seeing what the 12v socket is doing after load shedding. That will quickly eliminate where the problem is sitting.
I had a similar issue.
Garage door 1 where my wife's car is parked, no issues (but she on maternity leave).
Garage door 2 where my car is parked, Sonoff SV lost most of it's config. Lucky for me, I flashed it without OTA and some configs are hard coded like the wifi and mqtt settings.
Problem is, both batteries are close to dead. Its just that I triggered Garage door 2 to open, and that killed the power in a strange way to the SV I think.
Anyways, bought 2 new batteries (not cheap), and now both work fine during loadshedding without losing settings.
They both were up for renewal, both were 5 years old, and I have unfortunately let them run dead once before when I cut power to them for maintenance and forgot to put the back the power to them.
You just need to replace the batteries and they will be fine until too much loadshedding runs them dead again.
Bought mine at Brights Stikland on Tuesday. Was there on Monday when they had no stock, and the guy helping people said they have them on order, to arrive on Tuesday. Was sceptic about it, but when I got there on Tuesday, they had about 5 standing there on the rack, of which I took 2. These 24v 3.5ah batteries are super scarce at the moment.It’s just so odd though that it doesn’t just come back online when AC is restored.
But yeah I figured.
Where did you get the batteries? Was at Brights this morning and no luck these.
Funnily enough there is a price of R75 on the battery from 2015.
Bought mine at Brights Stikland on Tuesday. Was there on Monday when they had no stock, and the guy helping people said they have them on order, to arrive on Tuesday. Was sceptic about it, but when I got there on Tuesday, they had about 5 standing there on the rack, of which I took 2. These 24v 3.5ah batteries are super scarce at the moment.
Is there a way with out soldering to "reflash" a Sonoff Basic (tasmota) that won't connect to wifi? I can connect to the wifi configuration, but for the life of me it won't connect to any combination of wifi network.
Don't really feel like soldering on the pins and then reflashing.
Is there a way with out soldering to "reflash" a Sonoff Basic (tasmota) that won't connect to wifi? I can connect to the wifi configuration, but for the life of me it won't connect to any combination of wifi network.
Don't really feel like soldering on the pins and then reflashing.
Don't have the actual programmer here.
Its already flashed with Tasmota - but its one of the troubled versions that won't connect to wifi for whatever reason (it's one of the ones I bought from you guys a couple of months back) - all the others I managed to connect to my home wifi by setting the password to something simple, but that doesn't want to work with this router and basic combination.
I can see it trying to connect to the wifi network in the router logs, but then just resets back into the wifi configuration mode. I was hoping there'd be some way to connect to it and flash a different version from here.
I had a similar issue.
Garage door 1 where my wife's car is parked, no issues (but she on maternity leave).
Garage door 2 where my car is parked, Sonoff SV lost most of it's config. Lucky for me, I flashed it without OTA and some configs are hard coded like the wifi and mqtt settings.
Problem is, both batteries are close to dead. Its just that I triggered Garage door 2 to open, and that killed the power in a strange way to the SV I think.
Anyways, bought 2 new batteries (not cheap), and now both work fine during loadshedding without losing settings.
They both were up for renewal, both were 5 years old, and I have unfortunately let them run dead once before when I cut power to them for maintenance and forgot to put the back the power to them.
You just need to replace the batteries and they will be fine until too much loadshedding runs them dead again.
No - I'm aware of the WiFi issues from before, I've even setup a WiFi network with open access.If you can connect to it then you can do just that.
Go to http://IP/up? and feed it the minimal image. Then do it again with the full image.
Does your WiFi key have some weird stuff in? There was recently a change to latest versions to accommodate that.
If you can access the web console you can run an update.No - I'm aware of the WiFi issues from before, I've even setup a WiFi network with open access.
Only way I can currently connect to it is by putting it into WiFi configuration mode.
Tried reseting it a few times, spent a couple of hours wasting time
Will see if I can upload an update - damn laptop hard-drive has decided now is the time to die.