South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
It looks like you can order from Shelly directly, maybe we can order a few to test and then decide from there if it's worth the Smartkit guys bringing them in on a regular basis?
Ordering 4 costs 63 Euro including DHL shipping. About R250 each.
Edit: Plus there may be VAT/duties as well, thinking about it.
Yes yes yes yes please!
Yes.
Obviously asking the world, do you have any rough idea on timelines before you can officially stock the Shelly products? For light switches they tick all the boxes I need in terms of keeping my backwards SO happy that she still has actual switches on the wall![]()
They're not switches, they're like the Sonoff in so much as they're in line items... but they support switching of a Live wire so for installations like the majority of SA home, you can put the Shelly in the ceiling and just splice it into the Live and Neutral circuits, and the standard switch in the wall will work as per normal.
https://shelly.cloud/shelly1-open-source/
I'd be keen to replace my sonoffs with these
Now....to figure out how to get 20 of these over here without getting completely ripped a new arsehole by customs
It looks like you can order from Shelly directly, maybe we can order a few to test and then decide from there if it's worth the Smartkit guys bringing them in on a regular basis?
Ordering 4 costs 63 Euro including DHL shipping. About R250 each.
Edit: Plus there may be VAT/duties as well, thinking about it.
Ok, if anyone is interested in Shelly products just PM me or mail us [email protected] with what you want and how many.
We'll place a small order, in a few days, with our product manager at Allterco and bring it through customs for y'all. We'll invoice you cost + VAT + local delivery.
The condition is you provide feedback on how the products work!
Ok, if anyone is interested in Shelly products just PM me or mail us [email protected] with what you want and how many.
We'll place a small order, in a few days, with our product manager at Allterco and bring it through customs for y'all. We'll invoice you cost + VAT + local delivery.
The condition is you provide feedback on how the products work!
I have one spare Shelly 1 if someone wants it now.
I've no one has immediate interest, I'd be interested - not in a rush though.
I'm interested.I have one spare Shelly 1 if someone wants it now.
I'm in, will PM you.Ok, if anyone is interested in Shelly products just PM me or mail us [email protected] with what you want and how many.
We'll place a small order, in a few days, with our product manager at Allterco and bring it through customs for y'all. We'll invoice you cost + VAT + local delivery.
The condition is you provide feedback on how the products work!
I'm in, will PM you.
Will you guys try and flash it as well for Tasmota?
Can't say we've done it before - but it should be straight forward.
Ok, cool.Can't say we've done it before - but it should be straight forward.
Mmmm... I would prefer though that it doesn't speak out to the internet at all though.Don't even think its entirely necessary since MQTT stuff is supported on the stock firmware from what I can see.
Don't even think its entirely necessary since MQTT stuff is supported on the stock firmware from what I can see.
Happy to be a guinea pig.. When our childrens' children speak of the evolution of smart home, our names will be remembered with fondness. Statues will be built in our honour.Yeah, that's what I thought - that's why you're guinea-pigging ppl.
Happy to be a guinea pig.. When our childrens' children speak of the evolution of smart home, our names will be remembered with fondness. Statues will be built in our honour.
They're not switches, they're like the Sonoff in so much as they're in line items... but they support switching of a Live wire so for installations like the majority of SA home, you can put the Shelly in the ceiling and just splice it into the Live and Neutral circuits, and the standard switch in the wall will work as per normal.
https://shelly.cloud/shelly1-open-source/
Splice it from the live that's going down to the switch.How would you access a live (unswitched) cable in your ceiling, however?
Easier to tear down oneday when it's determined that we started the robot revolution...Out of Papier-mâché one would assume?
Splice it from the live that's going down to the switch.
Happy to be a guinea pig.. When our childrens' children speak of the evolution of smart home, our names will be remembered with fondness. Statues will be built in our honour.