Home Automation - Smartkit

DUDE!@##$%%

Hey guys I'm looking for a wifi controlled relay to turn my grow lights (2.5kW) on/off but needs to be controllable from a raspberry pi...I wan't to write my own scripts not use some stupid app.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Hey guys I'm looking for a wifi controlled relay to turn my grow lights (2.5kW) on/off but needs to be controllable from a raspberry pi...I wan't to write my own scripts not use some stupid app.
Just get a Sonoff Pow or Shelly PM

Prince_A_Pill

I finally found an ex-electrician (now PV system installer) who is, by his own admission, a bit OCD. He installed my PV system and he did an absolutely phenomenal job. Everything neatly organised, labeled and checked. Trunking was all sealed and perfectly cut. He was concerned about the PV panels lining up and all exactly at the same angle. He was concerned about the contactor I would use for my geyser -- saying that if it was to be installed in the DB, it had to look good as you will see a part of it. He has a drone which he uses to fly over everything on the roof afterwards to double check the work his guys did.

He's also charges a very fair price, even though he has to travel from Phalaborwa. You can find him here: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/4109-company-contact-details/
Jaco is crazy OCD and meticulous to a point, but having said that, as you say is a stellar guy and extremely professional and well versed in his trade. He assisted me over the phone and via images with issues in my PV installation and never ever asked for a cent - was just super happy to assist and make sure my family was safe in our home. Super super guy.

adielk

Executive Member

In description stated:
"- Slightly pull the curtain in one direction with your hand, the curtain motor will automatically run until fully opened or closed."

Surely not meant manually everytime to open or close? Defeats purpose if so. Or meaning during initial setup?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

In description stated:
"- Slightly pull the curtain in one direction with your hand, the curtain motor will automatically run until fully opened or closed."

Surely not meant manually everytime to open or close? Defeats purpose if so. Or meaning during initial setup?
it is like that you start it and it will automatically finish, i.e just a tug in the direction you want.

adielk

Executive Member
Thought one could just open and close remotely or even schedule based on sunset or sunrise.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
so i wired up an sv with an opto isolator today for the electric fence.

So i can arm and disarm it now, and i can also tell when it is "alarming"

2 issues:

1.) i dont actually know the state, i.e say i turn off the fence manually with the magnet, then the sv will still be "off" (which means the fence is on - relay is latching, and fence is armed when open, off when closed), practically this isnt a serious issue but it does mean things can get out of sync.

2.) i dont really have any ideas yet on how to display it in HA, i am terrible with figuring those things out, i guess i will need some very manual card.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Are you asking if the version is safe or if the link is safe?

Which version are you coming from?
Thanks. Was wondering if it's safe.

I went ahead and did it anyway, and all devices now upgraded to Tasmota 8.4.0.

The only minor issue is the LED status light was off by default with v8.4.0. Easily fixed with the LedState command.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
so i wired up an sv with an opto isolator today for the electric fence.

So i can arm and disarm it now, and i can also tell when it is "alarming"

2 issues:

1.) i dont actually know the state, i.e say i turn off the fence manually with the magnet, then the sv will still be "off" (which means the fence is on - relay is latching, and fence is armed when open, off when closed), practically this isnt a serious issue but it does mean things can get out of sync.

2.) i dont really have any ideas yet on how to display it in HA, i am terrible with figuring those things out, i guess i will need some very manual card.
Which energizer is it? Because the one I have you can change it trigger input to either be pulse activiated, or "latch" activiated. If its latch - you'll know if its on or off.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Which energizer is it? Because the one I have you can change it trigger input to either be pulse activiated, or "latch" activiated. If its latch - you'll know if its on or off.
it is a nemtek wizord 4. i have it latched, with jumper 2 bridged. so i know it is on when the sonoff sv is off, but nothing stops anyone from toggling it with the magnetic contact for example, and that will not toggle the sonoff?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
it is a nemtek wizord 4. i have it latched, with jumper 2 bridged. so i know it is on when the sonoff sv is off, but nothing stops anyone from toggling it with the magnetic contact for example, and that will not toggle the sonoff?
Will it actually turn off though? Never really thought about it likie that - My energizer is in an incovienent place - so not really possible to turn off with the contact.

I still need to change mine, its a Druid 13 - which apparenlty can only be changed with a keypad, and I don't have one.