Home Automation - Smartkit

The sonoff only uses L (live) and N (neutral). Shelly devices are the same.
 
In from the mains on onside and then out to the device from the other side.

Best way to fiddle before installing is to put this on a lamp and then you can see how things work before opening and putting it in the light switch.
 
Anybody here from Durban that's willing to teach me how to run Home Assistant on a RPi3B+? Been watching YT and the videos on there is not the same as the latest HA when you install it.

Don’t use videos.

Use the HA website.
 
Don’t use videos.

Use the HA website.
Not much better. The instructions are outdated on some of the stuff. Especially what I'm trying to do. I can't setup SSL because the new version of HA is different to what the instructions say.
 
Not much better. The instructions are outdated on some of the stuff. Especially what I'm trying to do. I can't setup SSL because the new version of HA is different to what the instructions say.

I would seriously consider paying for HA Cloud and using the remote access -- just so much easier.
 
Not much better. The instructions are outdated on some of the stuff. Especially what I'm trying to do. I can't setup SSL because the new version of HA is different to what the instructions say.

Can’t see how the version of HA should matter?

You have Letsencrypt and Nginx sitting in front of HA so it’s just a port forward really.
 
Damn the Xiaomi Mi vacuum is on ebucks sale for 40% off.

Too bad I borrowed all mine to a friend.
 
For those of you have automated the turn on/off of the panel heaters in a baby room.
What temperatures have you used to turn it on and off?

Currently have mine set up to turn on below 19 degrees and turn off above 22 degrees. (so 22.01 = turn off, 18.99 = turn on)
It works, just not sure what the optimal settings for babies are.

The setup is very simple, have 2 things:
1. Xiaomi MIJIA Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensor that is connected to Openhab
2. Sonoff RF1 connected to MQTT

The automation is done with Nodered, which literally check the current switch state, and then whenever the temperature change, it runs through a simple function that then decide if it should issue a on or off to mqtt to the Sonoff.
 
Last edited:
@Tinuva - I've setup our heater panel to turn on below 20 degrees and turn off at 23 degrees. Works well but just a side note *place the sensor about the same height the baby is sleeping. If its placed lower the temperature tends to get a bit too high and baby starts to sweat.*
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X