SauRoNZA
Honorary Master
Ok thanks. Will check my ups when I get home.
For clarity I don’t mean just my UPS.
I meant Nut+ Home Assistant + iOS Notifications.
But some will do their own email or notification thing.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Ok thanks. Will check my ups when I get home.
Picked up a funny bug with the Sonoff POWs / Tasmota, they' don't seem to rollover power usage to the next day if they're off (loadshedding) at midnight.
Currently, we've been off repeatedly 10pm to 12:30am - and the POWs are just increasing daily usage, instead of resetting to zero.
I was thinking more like a mobile app with a sensor - doesn't sonoff have anything like that?For clarity I don’t mean just my UPS.
I meant Nut+ Home Assistant + iOS Notifications.
But some will do their own email or notification thing.
I was thinking more like a mobile app with a sensor - doesn't sonoff have anything like that?
Sonoff TH seriesHas anyone come across a wireless monitor (preferably Wi-Fi connectable) that can be placed in a fridge or freezer to keep track of the temperature?
With all the loadshedding, food in the freezers defrost, become no longer safe to consume but then freeze back into their "original" form when the power returns.
So a monitor that tracks temperature over time would be very useful.
www.itead.cc
Make sure that the temp probe can track up to at least -25 degrees else it will be useless.Has anyone come across a wireless monitor (preferably Wi-Fi connectable) that can be placed in a fridge or freezer to keep track of the temperature?
With all the loadshedding, food in the freezers defrost, become no longer safe to consume but then freeze back into their "original" form when the power returns.
So a monitor that tracks temperature over time would be very useful.
Has anyone come across a wireless monitor (preferably Wi-Fi connectable) that can be placed in a fridge or freezer to keep track of the temperature?
With all the loadshedding, food in the freezers defrost, become no longer safe to consume but then freeze back into their "original" form when the power returns.
So a monitor that tracks temperature over time would be very useful.
I use the Xiaomi aqara sensors and have one inside the fridge.I know that people have used these in fridges/freezers.
Wireless Smart Temperature Humidity Sensor | Aqara
Monitor indoor temperature/humidity with Aqara wireless smart temperature humidity sensor. A Zigbee/HomeKit/Alexa temperature humidity sensor for your smart home.www.aqara.com
And as I expected last night it rolled over.
So the last three days were just seen as one.
Monthly stats are still safe.
Doesn't work so well with reports though, my geyser and pool show more than my daily usage.
It should work - you could use the DS18B20 sensor, which is waterproof but measures temp only.I also have a fridge question - can a TH16 be used to control a compressor? I.e. turn on and x degrees, and off at y degrees?
(Fridge is an old /ancient G&C)
It should work - you could use the DS18B20 sensor, which is waterproof but measures temp only.
Edit: just check that the switch can handle the load when the compressor fires up.
Going to have to turn it upside down and have a look... Bought it about two weeks ago, was running normal until extended load shedding on Monday, now it stays on without turning off when temp is reached.Can you perhaps bypass/bridge the existing thermostat so that the compressor is directly connected to mains?
DS18B20 is this the 1 wire temp sensor?It should work - you could use the DS18B20 sensor, which is waterproof but measures temp only.
Edit: just check that the switch can handle the load when the compressor fires up.