Hotel online reservation system

lorgat94

Hi all, I need to run an online reservation system for more than one hotel on my website.

What would be the most affordable way to do this.

Please suggest companies to contact or if you are able to develop one yourself kindly reply.

Thank You

Hamster

Resident Rodent
What tech stack is your website running on at the moment?

scudsucker

Executive Member
Hi all, I need to run an online reservation system for more than one hotel on my website.

What would be the most affordable way to do this.

Please suggest companies to contact or if you are able to develop one yourself kindly reply.

Thank You

Do not, for any reason whatsoever, go with http://www.nightsbridge.co.za/ (who claim to do this)

The levels of incompetence and poor service I've seen from them are somewhat spectacular.

Thor

Honorary Master
Do not, for any reason whatsoever, go with http://www.nightsbridge.co.za/ (who claim to do this)

The levels of incompetence and poor service I've seen from them are somewhat spectacular.

We use them unfortunately they are the only ones in this space so we don't have a choice.

We have a walking tour site and need to make bookings.

Morning afternoon tour and then slots available

scudsucker

Executive Member
We use them...we don't have a choice.

How's their XML responses to queries to their endpoints these days? Still invalid? Still? It's been about 9 years now?

Ja, I thought so.

How hard is it to supply a valid XML string in response to a standard HTTP request? Apparently, very, very hard.

Oh... and do they STILL use a MS Access DB (with all customer details) "encrypted" (AKA password protected) as an "offline backup" for their clients... on their client's machines? This I saw in about 2008 or so, when I found cracking the password of an Access file took about 10 seconds.

I hope not. I do hope not. But I'm pretty sure they still do.

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
How's their XML responses to queries to their endpoints these days? Still invalid? Still? It's been about 9 years now?

Ja, I thought so.

How hard is it to supply a valid XML string in response to a standard HTTP request? Apparently, very, very hard.

Don't get me wrong they are k@k.

But there's no alternative

Thor

Honorary Master
Lekker market opertunity for a shabby programmer

Thor

Honorary Master
Then again I have quite nice domains as well so always interested in idea bouncing