Hotel online reservation system

Pixelbender

Do not, for any reason whatsoever, go with http://www.nightsbridge.co.za/ (who claim to do this)

The levels of incompetence and poor service I've seen from them are somewhat spectacular.

+1000 Exactly for the reason that there's no real alternative.

*I wish Jaco from Snapbill would consider.* Im certainly going to build one with my domain, I just need the right partner. (Yes, one of those, I'm the marketing guy, you're the developer type of partnerships) You dont have to develop everything, I'll sort out the UI and front ends. I know the logic and processes behind it, I just cant code something as complicated as that.

But I will. One day....

Thor

Honorary Master
+1000 Exactly for the reason that there's no real alternative.

*I wish Jaco from Snapbill would consider.* Im certainly going to build one with my domain, I just need the right partner. (Yes, one of those, I'm the marketing guy, you're the developer type of partnerships) You dont have to develop everything, I'll sort out the UI and front ends. I know the logic and processes behind it, I just cant code something as complicated as that.

But I will. One day....

Ohhhh you sexy thing.

I like that domain name.

Pixelbender

Ohhhh you sexy thing.

I like that domain name.

Yup, quite easy to sell the booking system from there. However, I never really found a good one yet. Considering to have a desktop version built that syncs with the cloud version. NB pricing is crazy, want to get a one size fits all solution. Wont matter how many rooms you have.

Already have a few interested establishments on my stayhere website.

Pixelbender

Yup, quite easy to sell the booking system from there. However, I never really found a good one yet. Considering to have a desktop version built that syncs with the cloud version. NB pricing is crazy, want to get a one size fits all solution. Wont matter how many rooms you have.

Already have a few interested establishments on my stayhere website.

And I will get an api from most of the online booking sites to sync calendars.

NullHypothesis

Having worked on a site in this industry before. A lot of the accommodation owners depend on guys like SafariNow for bookings. SafariNow's real time reservations only supports Nightsbridge at the moment or at least last time I checked. So there is that hurdle to cross if you want to get into the booking software industry. I have also seen that a lot of hotel owners (especially small B&B's in smaller towns) are not very tech savvy, often they retirees so if something works its difficult to get them to switch unless there is a very compelling USP.

Also Nightsbridge is quite entrenched into the back office (property management systems), so they would have to be dislodged there as well. You'll be surprised how difficult it can get into a industry with single dominant player no matter how bad their reputation is. Everybody now says Nightsbridge is sh*t but when you quit you job and take out a second bond on your house to launch your booking app then suddenly Nightsbridge "gets the job done".

Thor

Honorary Master
Having worked on a site in this industry before. A lot of the accommodation owners depend on guys like SafariNow for bookings. SafariNow's real time reservations only supports Nightsbridge at the moment or at least last time I checked. So there is that hurdle to cross if you want to get into the booking software industry. I have also seen that a lot of hotel owners (especially small B&B's in smaller towns) are not very tech savvy, often they retirees so if something works its difficult to get them to switch unless there is a very compelling USP.

Also Nightsbridge is quite entrenched into the back office (property management systems), so they would have to be dislodged there as well. You'll be surprised how difficult it can get into a industry with single dominant player no matter how bad their reputation is. Everybody now says Nightsbridge is sh*t but when you quit you job and take out a second bond on your house to launch your booking app then suddenly Nightsbridge "gets the job done".

Jip. That's true.

Every single competitor and B&B in our area uses them.

Including our segway tours

Pixelbender

Not really, I spoke to Matt, the CEO, he said if I have enough bed rooms available, they'd supply an api. And nightsbridge isnt they only one, Little hotelier does too, BUT charge in $ and this will prove to become expensive over the years and it's not cheap.

NullHypothesis

Not really, I spoke to Matt, the CEO, he said if I have enough bed rooms available, they'd supply an api. And nightsbridge isnt they only one, Little hotelier does too, BUT charge in $ and this will prove to become expensive over the years and it's not cheap.

Not really what? The Nightsbridge/Safari now integration? There are a dozen of other players like them in the game. And the travel agents. Do you know how many check availability? You have a structural challenge toppling Nightsbridge. They are so embedded across the industry that locally it is equivalent to taking on Galileo CRS or Amadeus CRS in the computer reservations system industry. I'm not say its impossible to carve out a little niche but you not going to replace then very easily unless you have lots of money to spend on marketing and to send people to every accommodation venue and persuade them to switch over. Running a property aggregator is different from running a reservation system. It is like comparing a sink to the plumbing beneath it.

Pixelbender

Not really what? The NB/SN now integration? There are a dozen of other players like them in the game. And the travel agents. Do you know how many check availability? You have a structural challenge toppling Nightsbridge. They are so embedded across the industry that locally it is equivalent to taking on Galileo CRS or Amadeus CRS in the computer reservations system industry. I'm not say its impossible to carve out a little niche but you not going to replace then very easily unless you have lots of money to spend on marketing and to send people to every accommodation venue and persuade them to switch over. Running a property aggregator is different from running a reservation system. It is like comparing a sink to the plumbing beneath it.

Not sure you understand. SN ceo said they will integrate both ways, I'm already an affiliate there and have access to xml, for dates, data and images... They will if we have enough beds available. You start with one bnb.... work your way from there.

Do you know how many bnb's cancel their subscription to Nightsbridge because of pricing? See here

Being an affiliate on nb and sn I regularly get emails from NB saying that certain bnb in my group doesnt provide availability anymore.

Last edited:

NullHypothesis

Not sure you understand. SN ceo said they will integrate both ways, I'm already an affiliate there and have access to xml, for dates, data and images... They will if we have enough beds available. You start with one bnb.... work your way from there.

Do you know how many bnb's cancel their subscription to Nightsbridge because of pricing? See here

Being an affiliate on nb and sn I regularly get emails from NB saying that certain bnb in my group doesnt provide availability anymore.

OK, I must have misread, I thought you want to compete with Nightsbridge. If you just want to integrate with the SafariNow api then its fine. But I have seen people with busy single unit establishments just use the SafariNow instant booking feature and then just put a Google Calendar on their site like River Time which is one of Velddrif's most popular places. Booking comes in both > calendars are updated. No monthly fees.

sutekj

Is it worth trying to compete in this space with AirBnB on the scene? Or am I missing something?