How did you STOP smoking?

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Gradually tapered down from 18 to to 0mg last weekend. On Monday we're going overseas for a few weeks so I'm just going to leave it at home.
HA ... I stopped smoking in January 2014, and took up vaping.
On the 27th of June, I was on leave, and too lazy to rewick and make some more juice, so I put my vape down, and left it ... cold turkey and haven'y touched it again

flamevector

Quit smoking December 2017. had my last smoke when I left the office to go on holiday, next day drove to the coast for 2 weeks didn't buy a box while I was down there . when i came back was difficult for a week because of work habits. but haven't gone back to it since.

The Voice

Executive Member
On the 27th of June, I was on leave, and too lazy to rewick and make some more juice, so I put my vape down, and left it ... cold turkey and haven'y touched it again
Almost a year in to vaping only - official "final" quit was 1 September 2018. I've been reducing my nic ever since. Down to 6mg (I don't sub-ohm), and will hopefully get to the same point as you someday. Well done!

hungrymamba

I tried to start smoking. I really did.

Since my university days all the cool people including room mate my mother and father and later ... my brother smoked.

Even 20+ years later a plethora of close friends and family still smokes.

I just am not interested. It doesn't do anything for me. Except for making a hangover much worse. Yes, I have felt the cloudy feeling after having smoked a limited number of cigarettes but after all those I'm in no way attracted to it whatsoever.
Me and weed :thumbsdown:... I have tried to smoke it, it didn't work. I vomited each time.

cn@

Expert Member
Me and weed :thumbsdown:... I have tried to smoke it, it didn't work. I vomited each time.
I had the worst headache of my life the next morning after I smoked weed through a bong. And I only did like 2/3 inhalations.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
What. LandyMan stopped vaping...

agustino

I had the worst headache of my life the next morning after I smoked weed through a bong. And I only did like 2/3 inhalations.
It:s all about mindset, Everyone has ability to quit from addictive products
Health reasons especially heart problem leads to some of us to stop smockong

HowTo

Expert Member
2C increase on a packet 30 smokes. That wad to much for me, tax announcement in the seventies.
Tried all tricks but above worked.

stratray

Did the whole trip. Champix worked - been off the weed for 6 years now, after a 30 a day habit for over 40 years. Nicotine gum, hypnosis etc. was a waste of time and money. Only problem with the Champix was that it caused a scary heart problem - which was there anyway but got accentuated. That's fixed now as well. Speak to your doctor first, and forget about the "alternative" cures. They only work if you're really wanting to stop anyway - mine was an out and out addiction. Good luck. And yes, you do feel better - after a hell of a while!

pb41

Attended a one day Allen Carr stop smoking course in January 2007 and have never smoked since. The first 3 weeks of not smoking were very difficult but they had warned us that it would take that long to break the nicotine addiction.

cn@

Expert Member
It:s all about mindset, Everyone has ability to quit from addictive products
Health reasons especially heart problem leads to some of us to stop smockong
Wait, what?
I had 2/3 inhalations (that has been my only inhalations). I don't see why I'm thrusted into the dilemma of addiction.

Asgard85

Allen Carr audio book. It took me about three days to get through and that was the end of that. Just over a year for me since my last puff.
Best decision.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Another vapereaux here, I wanted to quit for a while so the switch-over was immediate and I also lowered the nicotine concentrate in steps.
I decided I'll vape for one year then quit, no sense in swopping one addiction for another, kinda faltered at the one year mark but managed to pull it off one month later. Been clean for 3 years now.
I sometimes miss the social aspects of smoking, but not the coughing, sinus & most of all wheezy chest.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I think I also switched to vaping in 2014. Didn't want to deal with the hassles of it while we were travelling and once I got down to 0mg, and stayed there for a week or so, there wasn't any point in carrying on.