How do i stop paying Telkom ?

NdumisoSizwe

I cannot take it anymore, it's been two months of back and forth trying to cancel a contract with these people.
Any advice on how to get rid of them forever ? At this point i don't even give a f**k about being black listed.

I can't have people take my money every month for a service that's not working. I've been paying for many months for a service i'm not using, 120GB of data goes to waste every month cause of signal issues, in an area Telkom says is "covered" for LTE.

internaut

I just stopped. Period.
The other day I get an email from a company that bought the account from Telkom asking me for the money.
They had the wrong account number.
But ultimately this is what will happen when you stop paying. The clowns dont have a clue.

NdumisoSizwe

I just stopped. Period.
The other day I get an email from a company that bought the account from Telkom asking me for the money.
They had the wrong account number.
But ultimately this is what will happen when you stop paying. The clowns dont have a clue.
@internaut How did you stop ? u closed your bank account ?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I cannot take it anymore, it's been two months of back and forth trying to cancel a contract with these people.
Any advice on how to get rid of them forever ? At this point i don't even give a f**k about being black listed.

I can't have people take my money every month for a service that's not working. I've been paying for many months for a service i'm not using, 120GB of data goes to waste every month cause of signal issues, in an area Telkom says is "covered" for LTE.
Still within the contract period?

Dan C

Honorary Master
What package do you have what device are you using ?

Dan C

Honorary Master
@Dan C LTE 60GB day, 60GB night, using device HUAWEI B618
OK. The router is good for reception. I think the data package is Telkom only, so I don't think you can roam on vodacom. You can play around with the band and see if you get better results.

marioat1

Expert Member

Have you tried the new *180# block TelkomSA-R option yet? Did it yesterday on my 1 telkom data sim and it's working like a dream today.

Mobster

Yes. But i should not be charged for cancellation if the thing is NOT working.
If you want to cancel during the contract they might say your cancellation fee is equivalent to the remainder of your contract. Had that happen to me once. See if you can get someone to take over your contract. This is usually the quickest way out of a telkom contract.

R13...

Honorary Master
Just go to the bank and ask them to reverse and block the debit order. Easy.
That'd be in contravention of the contract he signed. I have heard Telkom have often refunded people for times when the service isn't available. I think they gave me 10Gb when I had coverage issues, but I am on prepaid.

Anti-Chris

And then when if comes to credit "blacklisting"?
They wont just blacklist you. They will then contact you to resolve the issue. I have done it before with Telkom. And besides, even if they could just "blacklist" you, the OP stated that he is at a point where he doesn't even care about blacklisting.

itsme2

I went in circles with them for 9 months. They blacklisted me in the process. I sent many physical cancellation letters, went through their portal, faced every excuse why they didn't cancel (mweb had not given the line back, but they provided proof showing they had etc).

It caused me so much stress, I lost a property deal and couldn't open a credit line. Eventually got the blacklisting removed and up to now have not seen another statement from TelSCUM since I said **** it and overpaid on the amounts they said I owed them (These were amounts that they kept charging me after the prescribed cancellation period, which I had gone through to a T).

I despise Telkom. I will never ever use their lazy, **** services ever again, and I make a point of telling everyone I can to avoid them.

Sorry OP, but this is just the beginning for you.

Also, quick edit: Never EVER EVER EVER EVER let ANY SOE have a debit order on your account. ALWAYS pay. Once they hook into your accounts you are screwed.

itsme2

They wont just blacklist you. They will then contact you to resolve the issue. I have done it before with Telkom. And besides, even if they could just "blacklist" you, the OP stated that he is at a point where he doesn't even care about blacklisting.
They will, and have. I'm proof of it. I also don't care about blacklisting, but there are times where it's a problem.