How do you store your passwords?

Projectz

How do you store your passwords, and what is the worst method you have seen used for storing a password?

All my passwords are stored on the (notes) in Outlook. They are all different in a mathematical order, but missing is a certain common 2-character denominator that is only memorised and known by myself.

Projectz

I store all my passwords on notes in Outlook. They are all different and in a certain mathematical order. But missing is a certain common 2-character denominator only in my head. It is obviously backed up.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
I store all my passwords on notes in Outlook. They are all different and in a certain mathematical order. But missing is a certain common 2-character denominator only in my head. It is obviously backed up.

????

muaaz360

I store them by memorising them which is the best way!

Ive heard some people storing them on paper, which is vulnerable to loss / theft.

TedLasso

Expert Member
One coo feature of LastPass is their security check where if you run the test , they can tell you which sites were compromised e.g yahoo and then recommend you change password on that site.

Some people here saying they use same password everywhere.

micaryn

Bitdefender, backed up with a memorised 15 character master password

Because (1) ALL my passwords are different
(2) All of them are 12+ characters long
(3) I have over 60
so there's NO f'ing way I'm gonna remember 60X12 plus combinations of alphanumeric + symbols,
don't think anyone's memory is that good

Oh yea exception is my online banking passwords which are exclusively carried in my noggin...

PS: My computer wipes all drives & over writes them multiple times on the 4th incorrect attempt at logging in (15 character again)

PPS. If you think I'm paranoid you're right & my psychiatrist agrees with you...

PPPS. Above doesn't include passwords to forums etc, they're only 8 or so chars long, I'm not THAT sick

Last edited: