• Other

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Raw

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
How do you like your steak done? Are you the rare type who like's it very "blue" or do you prefer a little more time on the grill? Or one step from the crematorium?

steak doneness.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
''A vet should just be able to declare it dead, steak'' isn't up there

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
How do you like your steak done? Are you the rare type who like's it very "blue" or do you prefer a little more time on the grill? Or one step from the crematorium?

View attachment 960276
[x] like my fillet to be medium please

However some restaurants you have to go one level down to get what you want. Of course there's those where you ask for medium and get well done as they only have one version.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
lol no , carpaccio is completely raw. :) If you never tried that, you haven't lived, it is drizzled, in olive oil black pepper salt and some lemon juice served with special bread
Sometimes overrated but otherwise good.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
It depends on the cut and the restaurant involved, if I trust the restaurant or I'm the one doing the grilling:
- most cuts medium rare
- rib-eye medium

if I don't trust the restaurant with steak:
- everything medium

wizardofid

Executive Member
Sometimes overrated but otherwise good.
it entirely depends on the quality of the meat. similar not exactly the same is civiche, but actually relies on the lemon juice to cook the fish. carpaccio is awesome if done right and the meat aged correctly

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
lol no , carpaccio is completely raw. :) If you never tried that, you haven't lived, it is drizzled, in olive oil black pepper salt and some lemon juice served with special bread
Yes, but like is it considered to be steak?

Then there's steak tartare, which has "steak" in the name but it's more of a burger than a steak imo.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
It depends on the cut and the restaurant involved, if I trust the restaurant or I'm the one doing the grilling:
- most cuts medium rare
- rib-eye medium

if I don't trust the restaurant with steak:
- everything medium
it entirely depends on the quality of the meat. similar not exactly the same is civiche, but actually relies on the lemon juice to cook the fish. carpaccio is awesome if done right and the meat aged correctly
That's it.

// closes thread.

Pegasus

Executive Member

View attachment 960276
It depends on the steak.

When I'm having a masala steak, well done is fine.
It is the way.

Fillet, as in Chateaubriand, is ok up to medium, but after that it loses any flavour, so the sauce and flambe is necessary.

Rump and sirloin can go up to medium rare. Past that, they just get hard and start losing flavour quickly.

Ribeye is ok up to medium. After that and you're wasting money.

For a Philly cheesesteak well done is fine regardless of the steak. It's thinly cut and lots of flavour is added along the way.