• I don't care where the content comes from as long as it's good

Votes: 254 53.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 4.6%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
With Multichoice now focusing on "hyper-local" entertainment in a bid to compete with online streaming services. How important is local content to you? Is local lekker or are you more of a global content connoisseur?

sand_man

Honorary Master
The only local content that interests me is domestic sport. The rest is just cringe worthy...

Not to say there haven't been a number of outstanding local productions, just not enough to sustain a channel.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I never look at where something comes from before I start watching it.

Generally the reason I don’t watch local content is because it’s quite clearly rubbish in most cases and therefore I don’t watch it.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Enjoyed some great local stuff over the years like Going Nowhere Slowly, Late night news with Loyiso Gola, Last say on Sunday, Vetkoekpaleis, Huisgenoot etc. but this will not save them at all. The ship has sailed.

R13...

Honorary Master
The only local content that interests me is domestic sport. The rest is just cringe worthy...

Not to say there haven't been a number of outstanding local productions, just not enough to sustain a channel.
Yet, the best watched channels on DSTv are the local content ones.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Well, sometimes I check on Netflix, I don't always want to read a movie or series, I sometimes just want to watch and listen.

Well there I can agree I don’t always have the energy for subtitles but it still has little to do with where it comes from and more to do with being non-English.

Have been enjoying a little of Middle Eastern content on Apple TV+ lately.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Honestly? I'm one of those bigots who avoid local content like the plague.
When I had Showmax, the proliferation of local stuff just pissed me off.