How to use Cloudflare Warp Plus on your PC

ronnie_94

Anyone know why when using it, it does not allow me to play games? For example I can connect to the modern warfare servers but as soon as I find a game it will disconnect me from the servers.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Any idea if we will ever get Cape Town routing for warp?
They have disabled Durban too. Cloudflare Warp is now just in JHB. I wonder why since they do peer with most ISPs in Durband and CPT.

Anyone know why when using it, it does not allow me to play games? For example I can connect to the modern warfare servers but as soon as I find a game it will disconnect me from the servers.

This might be a game specific issue. I play Paladins and League of Legends through warp as Afrihost international is just not stable right now and it's been AMAZING to say the least even warp free.

ronnie_94

They have disabled Durban too. Cloudflare Warp is now just in JHB. I wonder why since they do peer with most ISPs in Durband and CPT.

This might be a game specific issue. I play Paladins and League of Legends through warp as Afrihost international is just not stable right now and it's been AMAZING to say the least even warp free.
Thanks I think you are right, some games I play fine and others not.

7h3Ch3353

I even sent them a support ticket about it, but they just marked it as resolved with no real answer. Guess we'll just have to live with the extra latency if we're in the Cape and hope they enable it sometime. Still an excellent service for being free though.

clickingbuttons

My Private key from the xml file has weird characters in it like 
]

Using a rooted bluestacks to try get the file out.

Leno

Expert Member
Man Warp+ really makes my internet snappy, may be a placebo but Im loving it

And now warp has account functionality (up to 5 devices I think)

Side note:
does anyone have ipv6 through warp on the pc/mac?
the wgcf script generates a ipv6 address but it looks like a link local address or something

I can ping google.com on ipv6 but cant browse etc (did a test on https://ipv6-test.com/)

Would also be great if they could update the geo ip for the cloudflare warp ip's so it doesnt think I am in Kenya :p

cavedog

Honorary Master
Man Warp+ really makes my internet snappy, may be a placebo but Im loving it

And now warp has account functionality (up to 5 devices I think)

Side note:
does anyone have ipv6 through warp on the pc/mac?
the wgcf script generates a ipv6 address but it looks like a link local address or something

I can ping google.com on ipv6 but cant browse etc (did a test on https://ipv6-test.com/)

Would also be great if they could update the geo ip for the cloudflare warp ip's so it doesnt think I am in Kenya :p
I'm guessing Kenya is sharing Warp ip addresses with us.

Also WACS is back this morning. London 160ms from JHB :love:

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Excellent tutorial @cavedog - for any member of the forum with 1000+ posts and a 1 year+ old MyBB account I can also PM you an unlimited Cloudflare Warp+ config, just press like on cavedog's post above and PM me :)
I'm a bit late on joining the Warp train.

I can't seem to PM you for some reason. Says "This member limits who may view their full profile." :unsure:

Please message me, thanks.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Thanks @cavedog for the guide and @backstreetboy for the referrer hint.

I managed to get this up and running. My internet connection is 8Mbps ADSL with Vox.

In terms of performance, not such a ping improvement (which is disappointing - been playing a lot of Fortnite with friends due to the lockdown). Definite improvement in DL and UL:

No VPN:

1586125348184.png

Warp Free:

1586125410800.png

Warp Plus:

1586125317117.png

Some issues:

• On the Warp Plus, the speedtest to RocketNet in JHB could not complete due to an UL error. Tried it twice, failed twice.
  • I cannot connect to web-based services running on a local machine on my network (Plex and qbittorrent). I've tried adding the IP of the machine to the AllowedIPs list on WireGuard, still bombs out with "Your Internet access is blocked" on Chrome.
  • After midnight, I cannot access any websites while on the VPN. Soon as I drop the connection, the internet is fine. Very weird.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Thanks @cavedog for the guide and @backstreetboy for the referrer hint.

I managed to get this up and running. My internet connection is 8Mbps ADSL with Vox.

In terms of performance, not such a ping improvement (which is disappointing - been playing a lot of Fortnite with friends due to the lockdown). Definite improvement in DL and UL:

No VPN:

View attachment 813179

Warp Free:

View attachment 813187

Warp Plus:

View attachment 813177

Some issues:

• On the Warp Plus, the speedtest to RocketNet in JHB could not complete due to an UL error. Tried it twice, failed twice.
  • I cannot connect to web-based services running on a local machine on my network (Plex and qbittorrent). I've tried adding the IP of the machine to the AllowedIPs list on WireGuard, still bombs out with "Your Internet access is blocked" on Chrome.
  • After midnight, I cannot access any websites while on the VPN. Soon as I drop the connection, the internet is fine. Very weird.
What do you mean not such a big improvement, it dropped your London ping, which is the Fortnite server you'd connect to, by almost 60ms.

Sudo Panic

I saw this on Reddit but I didn't have lis:cautious: :ROFL: Saw it at 3 am and thought f%ck it lets give it a go.

@cavedog Feel free to add this into your post as I think it may be helpful for people who are potato like me.

I had a few issues but I'm a noob, this is just in case people have issues along the way,

Problem 1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wgcf.py", line 3, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

Solution:

You need to open a command prompt as admin (in windows) and you navigate to the directory in which the wgcf.py script is in.

If cmd doesn't know what Python is then you haven't installed Python correctly, the original link is on the first page ->kudos to cavedog download it and make sure you tick "ADD TO PATH" in the installation wizard.

Additional step

Problem

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wgcf.py", line 3, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

Edit: You also need to type "pip install requests" to install the requests module for Python

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem 2

Enter Public and Private Key

Solution:

You need to open Wireguard > drop down menu next to "Add Tunnel" bottom left corner > Click "Create Empty Tunnel"

Keep this window open we'll need it for now

Copy the Private key and right click in the same window you started wgcf.py in (This will paste the key)

Copy the Public Key and press Enter.

Sudo Panic

I subbed to the warp+ unlimited, ping and speed is actually worse? Did you guys change anything else?