Has spotting a probable blackmailer been covered in the thread? (from the male perspective, how they target women is obviously different)
1. First red flag is that the profile that you match with seems to good to be true. Would a hot mid or late 20s girl really be into a 40-something yo guy for example? Just something to ask oneself.
Some personal examples: one was 26yo blond cutey, second one was 30 (which is not as common), but she had a superb rack (also had a doggo picture in her profile , just to throw the more experienced?).
Tip: if in doubt, have some secondary phone/tablet and SIM which number you can provide them when it comes to that.
2. Second red flag is that they want to move onto WA after just a few messages
Tip: As mentioned about the secondary phone/number, best is a data SIM that is no info on TrueCaller, nothing but first name on WA and some generic profile photo of something else
3. Basically confirmation is that they unmatch on the app as soon as you start talking on WhatsApp. It's so you can't report their profile on the dating up.
Tip: Don't send nudes or whatever to them showing your face or other publicly identifiable info. If fact, just report and block.
4. Name change when on WhatsApp. They will have some excuse for their "real name" being something else.
Tip: Just report and block and move on, do not engage.
Personal example: The one was quite diligent, name on TrueCaller was same as on Tinder and also on WA.
One blackmailer wannabe was able to get pics from me, but with being suspicious (hadn't blocked them outright because work was quiet at that time) from the start they were some naked body pics (no head) of some other guy I got from the internet, then the next day they sent a message about revealing the pictures to my friends and family and workplace if I don't pay them. They had nothing 'real on me besides my first name and my Tinder pictures and my type of job. I told him that he sucked at this and should find something better to do, haha, he got quite angry lol, even ranting on at me from another number before I reported and blocked that too.
I normally do not entertain their nonsense and just delete when points 3 and 4 occur.
I wonder how many guys are extorted though? I am sure it is very under reported.