How's Tinder these days?

So, I've been back on it for 5-weeks now.

9 matches. 2 Never responded to my opening message but still remain matched with me and 1 unmatched without responding to my message. Rest (6) of them just stopped responding after a couple of days. Most of my matches were in the first two weeks, so I still lean on the theory that they bury your profile if you don't buy their premium nonsense.

The women I matched with are what I would consider to be attractive, so I don't think looks and my choice of pictures are a problem. I know to avoid obvious bots and swipe in my lane as well. As to why I am getting nowhere with the matches I have made, 3 things come to mind;
  • I have no rizz.
  • These broads are using Tinder to pass time.
  • I have a preference, I only swipe on white woman. This is a very small ''pool'' on Tinder. I can pass on as many as 40 profiles in my matching radius before I see someone I would want to match with. These apps already have way more men than women on them and in a smaller demographic this is amplified. White women will be spoiled for choice and if you don't stand out in your first few messages, you're dead in the water. I'd imagine if I had wider preferences I would have a better success rate converting matches to dates. Would be interesting to know from a gent of colour how he finds Tinder, as sheer demographics would lean to more potential matches.
You need some bloodninja...

 
So, I've been back on it for 5-weeks now.

9 matches. 2 Never responded to my opening message but still remain matched with me and 1 unmatched without responding to my message. Rest (6) of them just stopped responding after a couple of days. Most of my matches were in the first two weeks, so I still lean on the theory that they bury your profile if you don't buy their premium nonsense.

The women I matched with are what I would consider to be attractive, so I don't think looks and my choice of pictures are a problem. I know to avoid obvious bots and swipe in my lane as well. As to why I am getting nowhere with the matches I have made, 3 things come to mind;
  • I have no rizz.
  • These broads are using Tinder to pass time.
  • I have a preference, I only swipe on white woman. This is a very small ''pool'' on Tinder. I can pass on as many as 40 profiles in my matching radius before I see someone I would want to match with. These apps already have way more men than women on them and in a smaller demographic this is amplified. White women will be spoiled for choice and if you don't stand out in your first few messages, you're dead in the water. I'd imagine if I had wider preferences I would have a better success rate converting matches to dates. Would be interesting to know from a gent of colour how he finds Tinder, as sheer demographics would lean to more potential matches.
Dunno how fussy you are about the language, But have you looked at Koer?


Its also like R60 a month or something and not R900 like tinder.
As for tail on there... **** knows.
 
This app is cursed and most people on it either don't know what they want or are there for validation (all those matches with brief chats and then they ultimately go quiet).

Matched with a woman 3 weeks ago. Slow replier but engaged (read: put effort into the conversation when she did respond). We setup a date for this past weekend and she responded more readily and seemed eager. Basically spent the whole day with her, moving to different places at her insistence (she kept asking if I was happy to extend it, which I was). I thought it went really well and I know there was interest from my side, and I assumed from her side as well, why else would you put up with someone for over 9-hours.

Asked her out on a second date yesterday and got the ''It's not you, it's me'' platitude.
 
This app is cursed and most people on it either don't know what they want or are there for validation (all those matches with brief chats and then they ultimately go quiet).

Matched with a woman 3 weeks ago. Slow replier but engaged (read: put effort into the conversation when she did respond). We setup a date for this past weekend and she responded more readily and seemed eager. Basically spent the whole day with her, moving to different places at her insistence (she kept asking if I was happy to extend it, which I was). I thought it went really well and I know there was interest from my side, and I assumed from her side as well, why else would you put up with someone for over 9-hours.

Asked her out on a second date yesterday and got the ''It's not you, it's me'' platitude.

9 hours and you didn't even get to first base

If I spend 9 minutes with a guy from grindr he'd better be putting out
 
9 hours and you didn't even get to first base

If I spend 9 minutes with a guy from grindr he'd better be putting out

Got a good night kiss for what it is worth. But genuinely didn't go out looking for a fvck. I would actually like to meet someone, and this was a unicorn; woman my age (30s) without kids and who doesn't want kids.
 
Got a good night kiss for what it is worth. But genuinely didn't go out looking for a fvck. I would actually like to meet someone, and this was a unicorn; woman my age (30s) without kids and who doesn't want kids.
A unicorn is something completely different...
 
Got a good night kiss for what it is worth. But genuinely didn't go out looking for a fvck. I would actually like to meet someone, and this was a unicorn; woman my age (30s) without kids and who doesn't want kids.

Your first mistake was thinking unicorns exist

How much did you spend on the grubber out of curiosity?
 
Your first mistake was thinking unicorns exist

Well I mean by my standards (child free) she was pretty darn close.

How much did you spend on the grubber out of curiosity?

Split the bills, so basically what I'd spend if I took myself out for the day for some chow and a couple of drinks.
 
A unicorn is something completely different...

That is my idea of a unicorn.

I know a lot of women in my dating range - late 20s to early 40s - and finding one who isn't a single mom or doesn't want kids is extremely rare.
 
That is my idea of a unicorn.

I know a lot of women in my dating range - late 20s to early 40s - and finding one who isn't a single mom or doesn't want kids is extremely rare.
Sure but in dating a "unicorn" is something else so just be warned.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X