HTC Legend vs. Desire

nadimm

Expert Member
Why in the world would anyone get an HTC Legend?

I've got my heart set on an HTC phone with Android 2.1. Its a choice now between the Legend and Desire. I was planning to go with the legend. But i've seen that the desire is SLIGHTLY more expensive.

On a talk 120s the Desire is R437.50 while the Legend is R417.50. Furthermore the cash pay in on a top up 315s is just R350 more for the Desire. Is there a reason why anyone would want a Legend. Seems to me the Desire is the same phone just much faster.

alt146

Yeah, the Legend is way overpriced here - it's significantly cheaper than the Desire overseas, the networks here look like they want to try market as a competitor to the desire, rather than its little brother. The legend is way sexier though. So the taarget market is obviously someone who is into phones enough to want a bleeding edge android phone, but also buys phones based purely on their looks. Computer Scientist Barbie maybe?

charlie_82

Expert Member
Well the difference between the Desire & Legend (respectively) are:
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor vs Qualcomm MSM 7227 600 MHz processor
RAM: 576 MB RAM vs 384 MB RAM
Screen Size: 3.7" vs 3.2"
Screen Resolution: 480x800 vs 320x480

Like alt146 said, there should a bigger price difference between the two.
But local SP's are going to try get people thinking the Legend is pretty much as good and get it at a much higher price, just because it nicer-looking

nadimm

Expert Member
Computer Scientist Barbie maybe?

Ha ha. It is nice and they have been pushing the "solid piece of metal" angle. Guess i'm gonna fork out the 20 bucks more and get the 1GHz Desire.

Wish I could've got the legend at its correct pricing - guess they're still trying to get rid off the hero.

midkemia

sigh... my HTC magic is looking so dated now... anyone wanna buy it :p

greggpb

Expert Member
For me, I want the legend.. I am not to worried about the processor speed, hero was pretty quick and the resolution is the same as that of a iphone.. its all about the size and the battery life which is better on the legend.. suppose that begs the question.. why not get a hero for cheap and upgrade to android 2.1

F

Fudzy

Well the difference between the Desire & Legend (respectively) are:
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor vs Qualcomm MSM 7227 600 MHz processor
RAM: 576 MB RAM vs 384 MB RAM
Screen Size: 3.7" vs 3.2"
Screen Resolution: 480x800 vs 320x480

Like alt146 said, there should a bigger price difference between the two.
But local SP's are going to try get people thinking the Legend is pretty much as good and get it at a much higher price, just because it nicer-looking

Comparison on GSMArena:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3077&idPhone2=3141

ravage

For me, I want the legend.. I am not to worried about the processor speed, hero was pretty quick and the resolution is the same as that of a iphone.. its all about the size and the battery life which is better on the legend.. suppose that begs the question.. why not get a hero for cheap and upgrade to android 2.1

Meh, I tried getting a Hero about 3 weeks ago from Vodacom, waited for 2 weeks before getting fed up, then they mistakenly promised me a Desire (they meant a Legend) if they could not get the phone in time. They couldnt get the phone so they tried to persuade me to take the legend but I said they told me I could have a Desire, so i took it haha, for the same price on Vodacom as the Hero on top up 315

charlie_82

Expert Member
Meh, I tried getting a Hero about 3 weeks ago from Vodacom, waited for 2 weeks before getting fed up, then they mistakenly promised me a Desire (they meant a Legend) if they could not get the phone in time. They couldnt get the phone so they tried to persuade me to take the legend but I said they told me I could have a Desire, so i took it haha, for the same price on Vodacom as the Hero on top up 315

Haha nice one!