Huawei EMUI 10 / Android 10 local release.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
A cursory Google indicates that if you had call recording active on 9.1, it [should] still work on emui 10 - but not 10.1 (which the Mate 10 Pro won't get anyway). Can anyone who had call recorder running on emui 9 confirm ?
Working fine on 10 (P30 Pro)
10.1 is the issue.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
This is a joke, really.
Just had a chat with a @Huawei agent via the support app. Parrots a generic answer that I might just as well have received from a chat bot. What is the point in having service agents if they're just gonna copy and paste generic answers? At this point their support is becoming as useless as their software.

Thirstycurve

This is a joke, really.
Just had a chat with a @Huawei agent via the support app. Parrots a generic answer that I might just as well have received from a chat bot. What is the point in having service agents if they're just gonna copy and paste generic answers? At this point their support is becoming as useless as their software.
They are really poor. Don't care and doesn't really want to help. I have given up trying to contact them

Leisure Larry

Yeah, Version 10 is fine.
Version 10.1 kills it.
(P30 Pro)
If this is so, then looks like we gotta go Realme. Think call recording is built into the realme UI.
This is getting frustrating. Everyone's killing call recording and notification LED.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
If this is so, then looks like we gotta go Realme. Think call recording is built into the realme UI.
This is getting frustrating. Everyone's killing call recording and notification LED.
Google is apparently killing the API...

I don't mind rooting my phone, but I enjoy logging in with my thumbprint on FNB :/

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I have finally received the update... Only to find that Pixel launcher is now no longer supported.

It can never be just easy.

THE ONLY SUPERFLY

Happy for the heads up on 10.1 update that kills call recording.... Will avoid when it arrives. Thanks.
Huawei Y9 Prime, Android 10 EMUI 10

THE ONLY SUPERFLY

“Huawei will continue to provide system updates and security patches. All Huawei phones pre-installed with Google Play can still use the Play Store to download and update applications. Huawei phones without pre-installed Google Play can use the AppGallery (Huawei’s own app store) to get apps and security updates.”

HUAWEI: NO MORE ANDROID UPDATES, THE TEMPORARY LICENSE HAS ENDED.

Last edited:

warr10r

Greetings humans. Anyone here managed to install Google Play on a Huawei P40 Lite? Did you have to bend the laws of physics or something?

agustino

“Huawei will continue to provide system updates and security patches. All Huawei phones pre-installed with Google Play can still use the Play Store to download and update applications. Huawei phones without pre-installed Google Play can use the AppGallery (Huawei’s own app store) to get apps and security updates.”

HUAWEI: NO MORE ANDROID UPDATES, THE TEMPORARY LICENSE HAS ENDED.
I have one phone of this company Huawei nova 3i ,No system update still running on version 9 since 2019,Any option to install

FiestaST

Honorary Master
EMUI 11 announced with visual upgrade and new features

Huawei announced EMUI 11 during its Developer Conference today and even though it's not based on Android 11, the generational upgrade deserves its name. It brings some visual changes to the table, new animations, features and under the hood optimizations.

One of the most notable changes in the new EMUI are the multi-window and split-screen functionalities. Both are now put in the center so the user can get more familiar with the features instead of tucking them somewhere in the menus. Now there's a dedicated gesture to bring out the Smart Multi-Window sidebar. You can summon it in every app or menu. A small side window will open with your favorite apps and with a single drag-and-drop gesture you can start multi-tasking. Of course, the windows are free-form and can be adjusted in size.

gsmarena_004.jpggsmarena_005.jpggsmarena_006.jpggsmarena_001.jpg

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Greetings humans. Anyone here managed to install Google Play on a Huawei P40 Lite? Did you have to bend the laws of physics or something?
Doable. It's hit and miss thou.
Installed on one phone perfectly fine. Same method gave notification errors on the 2nd...
Both were brand new phones purchased together.

TRZ214

Doable. It's hit and miss thou.
Installed on one phone perfectly fine. Same method gave notification errors on the 2nd...
Both were brand new phones purchased together.
Could you provide a link to the method you used? It seems googling it isn't very helpful as most methods seem to have a limited lifespan. Thanks.