Huawei EMUI 10 / Android 10 local release.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Someone recently discovered that certain Huawei flagships (P30/Pro + Mate 20 Pro AFAIK) can update to EMUI 10/Android 10 via the update option in the HiCare App. Apparently, the version that comes via HiCare is still beta.

I installed the beta on my P30 Pro and I don’t have any major issues. I really like the new notification panel, animations, system wide dark theme and camera app UI improvements.

This is the estimated roll out plan for SA:

Apart from the cosmetic changes, Android 10 also brings some performance improvements as demonstrated here:

Here is what one expect in EMUI 10:

Anyone running the beta? Any bugs so far?

Last edited:

Park@82

Honorary Master
What handset are you using?
Don't pick up anything for P30 Pro
P30 Pro. First phone I've ever owned to have access to the new Android release so soon after the launch...

The beta can be downloaded via Hicare.

Last edited:

splattie

Someone recently discovered that certain Huawei flagships can update to EMUI 10/Android 10 via the update option in the HiCare App. Apparently, the version that comes via HiCare is still beta.

I installed the beta and don’t have any major issues so far. I really like the new notification panel, animations, system wide dark theme and camera app UI improvements.

This is the estimated roll out plan for SA:

Apart from the cosmetic changes, Android 10 also brings some performance improvements as demonstrated here:

Here is what one expect in EMUI 10:

Anyone running the beta? Any bugs so far?

Thanks! Been on the lookout for this update, checked through Hicare now and it's ready for download.

Badprop_za

Expert Member
Also did the update on the weekend. Only issues so far is:
- Notifications not always being sent to my Garmin watch.
- When I open up my contacts, App Info screen will appear every time i click on a contact.
- Outlook stopped working. Will reinstall and see if that resolves the issue.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This is not a beta.

When you're on a beta you get a pop up when you reboot about being on the beta program.

Thirstycurve

Don't know which sources to believe regarding the release date of EMUI 10, everyone suggests something else.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Android 10 has been great so far in my P30 Pro, got this bug fix update the other day, had no idea this was a Beta as said by others but wow it’s running great, good job Huawei!

Overall cannot really complain, only crash I have had is with Tapatalk, but I feel like this is more due to the app, as I haven’t had any other app crash.

Battery life also seems to have improved so far.

The new Camera zoom controls are also very much welcome, I am glad Huawei are working on their UI, it’s really maturing with each and every update.

Park@82

Honorary Master
EMUI 10 vs EMUI 9.1: Changes in Settings Menu:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
EMUI 10 vs EMUI 9.1: Changes in Settings Menu:

Good link. I prefer the layout & ease of use in 10.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
EMUI 10 now running on over 10 million devices worldwide

Today, Huawei is announcing that it now has the latest version of EMUI 10 (based on Android 10) running on over 10 million Honor and Huawei smartphones. Currently, there are 33 different models that are officially supported by the new update.

Less than a month ago, Huawei announced that 1 million devices were running EMUI 10 (or Magic UI 3.0 for Honor devices.

gsmarena_000.jpeg

spiff

Executive Member
Still nothing for my P7

Is there no way I can force an update or side load?