Huawei P10 Lite

I cannot seem to find a thread for this phone.

Is this phone any good for its price? Can it handle gaming? Does it have issues?

Sumen

Expert Member
The performance is on par with phones running the Snapdragon 625 but lacks the power efficiency of the chip since Huawei's in house chip is built on 16nm.

Keep in mind that the phone does not have any type of screen protection.

For the price you pay, I think it's a good phone

The performance is on par with phones running the Snapdragon 625 but lacks the power efficiency of the chip since Huawei's in house chip is built on 16nm.

Keep in mind that the phone does not have any type of screen protection.

For the price you pay, I think it's a good phone
Thank you. Appreciate the information.

My 15 year old is looking for a phone, and I thought of buying this for her.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Xiaomi Redmi note 4 worth comparing. I like both Huawei and Xiaomi. Bought the SO a P9lite while I have the Redmi note 3. We are both very happy.

But, I'd be interested in hearing real world feedback on a P10lite so intend sticking around in here...

APoc184

Honorary Master
Wife is upgrading in a week and Telkom has a pretty good deal on the P10 Lite. She will probably be getting that on the back of my happiness with the P9 Lite.

Will give some feedback and will probably make my upgrade choice in 2 months based off of that too.

milan188

Wife is upgrading in a week and Telkom has a pretty good deal on the P10 Lite. She will probably be getting that on the back of my happiness with the P9 Lite.

Will give some feedback and will probably make my upgrade choice in 2 months based off of that too.
Very solid phone. Telkom has the best deal for it. It has a big battery and comes with 4gb of RAM. It also has Android 7.0 which not on many phones. For the price nothing else comes close.

Slamz

FWIW.. i got a P10 plus.. never been happier... phone is brilliantly fast(for my use), setup was great, battery life is wonderful.. on heavy usage, it lasts a full 24hrs, on lighter usage, i can pull 1.5 days... camera and picture quality is phenominal... also got it from telkom... i used to be an Iphone guy until i got myself a P8, then Iphone became a distant memory

Thanks everyone.

Yesterday I was on Vodacom's website and they sold the P10lite there for R4599. Did not want to wait and visited our local Vodacom store this morning. My luck, they were out of stock, but expected delivery later today. But, guess what, Vodacom selling the device there for R5399. They said you pay more when buying instore.

So, I left and just bought the phone online at a whole R800 cheaper.

miz_pimp

The P10 Lite will be my next upgrade, currently using the P9 Lite. It will be with Vodacom though. I haven't seen any other devices that pique my interest.

The one thing I hate is that it will be branded with Vodafone software, but hopefully someone will figure out how to debrand the device by then.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Thanks everyone.

Yesterday I was on Vodacom's website and they sold the P10lite there for R4599. Did not want to wait and visited our local Vodacom store this morning. My luck, they were out of stock, but expected delivery later today. But, guess what, Vodacom selling the device there for R5399. They said you pay more when buying instore.

So, I left and just bought the phone online at a whole R800 cheaper.
If you're paying cash, buy from Telkom. Only they will give you dual sim and you will easily save the premium you pay upfront on data costs by running 2 sims....

4ftersh0ck

My wife has this phone. It is really nice, however I must say that I found the screen a bit washed out after looking at my Nexus 6 AMOLED screen.

ant_man

Expert Member
Had mine for about a month now and I love it
The best thing about it is the battery, I hammer my phone and only charge it at night.
The fingerprint scanner is extremely handy, no lag with that.

milan188

P10 lite is R269pm on telkom FreeMe 1gb. That's R170 pm for 24 months for the phone. That works out to R4080 over 2 years for the device which is R500 cheaper than most places selling the phone cash

Even if you you don't like the telkom network you can buy a prepaid vodacom sim and use the telkom sim for the 1gb and telkom calls.

miz_pimp

Does Vodacom have the P10 Lite with 3GB or 4GB ram?

EDIT: Did some gumtree searching, lol, and Vodacom has the 3GB ram, unlike the European Vodafone devices that seem to have 4GB ram.

Last edited:
Okay, so I bought the phone and it is actually a decent phone for the price. So, I decided to buy two more. Unfortunately, VC was out of stock, so was Telkom and Takealot and I worked through a seller on BoB who imported a batch of the phones.

miz_pimp was right, the phones bought here has 3GB Ram. The new phones I received from the BoB seller had 4GB Ram and was imported from Europe, looking at the charger.

Now I want to see if there are any other differences between the phones...

miz_pimp

Got my device today! I'm quite happy so far. The display seems more vivid compared to my P9 Lite, but I'll see how things go after a few days of use.

I was rather surprised that I got an update from C02B114 to B120 when I opened the updater, so Vodacom and Huawei have definitely improved with releasing updates.

One thing I miss that was on the P9 Lite is the Hidden Apps on the launcher. I used it to hide all the apps I never used, so I'm hoping they'll include it in future updates.

Got my device today! I'm quite happy so far. The display seems more vivid compared to my P9 Lite, but I'll see how things go after a few days of use.

I was rather surprised that I got an update from C02B114 to B120 when I opened the updater, so Vodacom and Huawei have definitely improved with releasing updates.

One thing I miss that was on the P9 Lite is the Hidden Apps on the launcher. I used it to hide all the apps I never used, so I'm hoping they'll include it in future updates.
Have to admit that I am surprised with the P10 Lite myself. Coming from the Samsung Galaxy S7, S6 and S4 phones, I doubt I will ever pay them that money again they asked for their devices. The P10 lite does everything those phones did for me - and probably better and faster in many regards.

But,like you said, I will use it a while to see how the phone holds up over a year period.