Iburst getting worse by the week

My connection still sucks in comparison how it was when I got it.
 
My downloads today are between 100kbps and 600kbps, I'm not sure if it's the tower or maybe the very wet tree in between the modem and the tower.

EHV, has your download speed been slow today or not?
 
Ja, mine has been bad, I was wondering if it was just me.

Of course when you get 100-600 I'm sitting at 80-400..
 
Thanks EHV at least I can rule out the wet tree as it did not make sense as when it rained a week ago my downloads were still fast and unaffected.

What I did notice last night during the thunder that all my modem green lights went off as well as not been able to reconnect for some time, I guess the tower was affected at the time and I just hope it was not damaged to any extent.
 
Ja it was down for about 5-10 minutes last night as the lightning came in.

It might have got hit, but you'd hope they thought of they when they are putting metal towers on top of the highest buildings in an area. It's going to get hit some time.

Maybe they turn it off themselves when the lightning comes over Plumstead...
 
Ja it was down for about 5-10 minutes last night as the lightning came in.

It might have got hit, but you'd hope they thought of they when they are putting metal towers on top of the highest buildings in an area. It's going to get hit some time.

Maybe they turn it off themselves when the lightning comes over Plumstead...

Yeah maybe they turned it off, but I think we should keep track on it to see if the speeds improve, if not then I guess something in that tower has been damaged.
 
Yeah maybe they turned it off, but I think we should keep track on it to see if the speeds improve, if not then I guess something in that tower has been damaged.

Ja, and I guess that iBurst have no clue about it. :(

Oh, but I do remember getting great speeds on iBurst later than night, but very late... Maybe it wasn't related to the lightning :confused: Anyway, we'll see tommorow.
 
Hey Mr.H, how is your connection doing atm? Mine just suddenly went half dead. Local pings are timing out and coming in at 400-800 etc... Yet international was fine.. then local will be okay for a few seconds, etc.

This site is even taking forever to load, but a friend on the Plumstead tower is fine.

EDIT: nevermind.. it seems to be okay again, just very irritating because it started just as I started gaming, dropped me immediatley :(

EDIT 2: It was Verizon IP's giving troulbe again actually. I had two Verizon IPs, completey messed up only on local, so it must have been another SAIX peering issue like last week. An IS IP works fine :(
 
Last edited:
"Our networks have identified a possible anomaly and corrected it"

I'm smiling again - got speeds in excess of 1Mbps again...

196.....
 
Aah so Verizon is back, they chose the worst possible moment to kill local for my gaming.

Second time it's happened in a week though. :(
 
when I left this morning i had downloads running at 100kB/s+
 
I am getting rid of iBurst today

Guys (and gals)

Allow me to blow off some steam. I have just decided to quit iBurst after almost two years. Not only is their admin pathetic, but their staff are rude. iBurst's credit controller claims I am in arrears with my account (luckily I have no contract!) but they cannot show an invoice sent to me, for which I pay, reflecting an arrears amount. I have had to pay for VOIP services, yet the speed test and its results indicate that I cannot receive VOIP due to a bad signal. I am close to the Wonderboom tower.

For much of May I had vintually no connection. FTPing data to web servers was virtually impossible and outgoing mail took days to get out, much of it being "lost" in cyberspace. My stats show that for the entire month I downloaded only 30MB of data - no wonder, given that I hardly ever had a connection. I have a 3GB package.

iBurst expects me to pay upfront for the month ahead, before I have had any value for money. They now even want me to pay upfront for July (an I have proof of this!).

They have threatened to deactivate my signal. I told them to go ahead. I aanyone is looking for a modem, less than two years old, contact me on 072 235-9818. Doe anyone have an email address or contact number for someone much higher up the iBurst food chain?
 
andrieso,

i understand your frustration. i will soon be following your footsteps man!
what other broadband solution did you go for?

w
 
They have threatened to deactivate my signal. I told them to go ahead. I aanyone is looking for a modem, less than two years old, contact me on 072 235-9818.

Your modem will be worthless to anyone else unless your account is paid to date since iBurst will refuse to reconnect it.
 
Guys (and gals)

Allow me to blow off some steam. I have just decided to quit iBurst after almost two years. Not only is their admin pathetic, but their staff are rude. iBurst's credit controller claims I am in arrears with my account (luckily I have no contract!) but they cannot show an invoice sent to me, for which I pay, reflecting an arrears amount. I have had to pay for VOIP services, yet the speed test and its results indicate that I cannot receive VOIP due to a bad signal. I am close to the Wonderboom tower.

For much of May I had vintually no connection. FTPing data to web servers was virtually impossible and outgoing mail took days to get out, much of it being "lost" in cyberspace. My stats show that for the entire month I downloaded only 30MB of data - no wonder, given that I hardly ever had a connection. I have a 3GB package.

iBurst expects me to pay upfront for the month ahead, before I have had any value for money. They now even want me to pay upfront for July (an I have proof of this!).

They have threatened to deactivate my signal. I told them to go ahead. I aanyone is looking for a modem, less than two years old, contact me on xxxxxxx. Doe anyone have an email address or contact number for someone much higher up the iBurst food chain?

Hey andrieso,

I'm also on the wonderboom tower, May was pathetic, I've never had such bad speeds for such a long period. I'm also looking at alternatives. Although at the moment my speeds are back to normal, about 30KB.

I would remove my number off the site and ask people to send private messages if they were interested. Some weird people on the internet ;)
 
Last edited:
Hey andrieso,

I'm also on the wonderboom tower, May was pathetic, I've never had such bad speeds for such a long period. I'm also looking at alternatives. Although at the moment my speeds are back to normal, about 30KB.

I would remove my number off the site and ask people to send private messages if they were interested. Some weird people on the internet ;)

If you ask him to remove his number and yet you quote his number, then there's no point in asking him to remove his number? :D :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X