ICC World Twenty20 2012

I'm tired of watching our team losing in a big match against a team in a big tournament. If they lose in the next match, I will quit supporting them when they play in a major tournament.

Come on? Where's your appetite for humiliation and disappointment? It's synonymous with SA World cup cricket! Wouldn't be the same without that gut wrenching disappointment!!
 
Odd, you seemed to be cheering on the Pakis earlier.

Well, I tried to jinx Pakistan but it clearly didn't work :( You know what? Pakistan and England are the only teams that I hate with a passion.

@sandman, when I was a kid, I watched that infamous WC '99 match where SA choked and lost to Oz. I watched that match when I was a snotty kid.
 
@sandman, when I was a kid, I watched that infamous WC '99 match where SA choked and lost to Oz. I watched that match when I was a snotty kid.

Single most painful episode in the history of SA sport. I'll be remembering that s hit on my deathbed.
 
I don't know why we bangin on about the bowlers when we lost this game in the first 5 overs of batting.

The Pakis are good chasers as demonstrated by their previous game so how the hell were we supposed to defend 133.
 
I don't know why we bangin on about the bowlers when we lost this game in the first 5 overs of batting.

The Pakis are good chasers as demonstrated by their previous game so how the hell were we supposed to defend 133.
Tough pitch to bat on, as showed by us, Pakistan and now India. We did well to get back into it, but should never have allowed Pakistan to win from 70/6.
 
I don't know why we bangin on about the bowlers when we lost this game in the first 5 overs of batting.

The Pakis are good chasers as demonstrated by their previous game so how the hell were we supposed to defend 133.

True, which makes it all the more bitter pill to swallow. From having no chance to being in total control to losing it to a bowler batting at 8. Really painful.
 
I believe Morne Morkel should be left out because he has been expensive in his last couple matches and lonwabo tsobebe should in because of his variations on a slow wicket for the next match.

How many of you agree with me.

I agree that buddy buddy approach from AB should stop. Hope he learnt a captaincy lesson today.
 
Really interesting how negative you guys are. No-one has said how well Umar Gul batted (he has taken us out of competitions before). Everyone is against AB, the Morkels, Kallis (who has taken the third most wickets in the tournament). I would love to have seen the comments if Botha had been the final bowler and was smashed to next week.
 
Tough pitch to bat on, as showed by us, Pakistan and now India. We did well to get back into it, but should never have allowed Pakistan to win from 70/6.

You think?
Pakistans number 8 "batsman" will disagree with you.

I think its just an overwhelming expectation to abandon the chokers tag and win when it matters.

It follows them around like a curse.

As soon as they accept the title they will win.I'd like to see them land at OR Tambo aiport with choker chains and embrace it.
 
You think?
Pakistans number 8 "batsman" will disagree with you.

I think its just an overwhelming expectation to abandon the chokers tag and win when it matters.

It follows them around like a curse.

As soon as they accept the title they will win.I'd like to see them land at OR Tambo aiport with choker chains and embrace it.
I do think that it's unfair that we have this tag following us around, possibly affecting our performances, when none of the others do. Every time we lose a game then it's because we apparently choked, that's seriously unfair on the guys and total BS. We can't win every game. Why does nobody yell match fixers whenever the Pakis lose? Are they too PC, and scared of hurting the Pakis feelings?
 
We didn't choke. Gul came off today, that's the nature if T20, one over can take it away from you. Albie's over was kark. Morne's full toss six in last over was kark. AB decision to bowl Morne in last over was kark. Couple of small things cost us, but all in all an ok performance, a 50/50 game that we could have won, but was always in the balance.

PS the Morkels in PJ cricket is like Tabir in test cricket for me, sometimes great, but likely to cause **** somewhere. I'm always cringing when one if them are bowling, waiting for the disaster to happen. They do project an aura of double digit IQ's...
 
I do think that it's unfair that we have this tag following us around, possibly affecting our performances, when none of the others do. Every time we lose a game then it's because we apparently choked, that's seriously unfair on the guys and total BS. We can't win every game. Why does nobody yell match fixers whenever the Pakis lose? Are they too PC, and scared of hurting the Pakis feelings?

Simple bowl your spinner at the death, botha could have done it. I would back morkel to lose more games than he wins if they bowl him last over. He has ability to win and lose games for us, could smash 40 off 10 and then get smash for 60 off 4.
 
AB really should have let Botha bowl out his last 2 overs. Then both the Morkels wouldn't have had to bowl at the end. Botha is one of our most economical bowlers in limited overs cricket.
 
I'm actually glad we lost this game.
We always do well in the early rounds and get kicked out during the knockout portion. Perhaps we learnt a lesson...
 
I'm actually glad we lost this game.
We always do well in the early rounds and get kicked out during the knockout portion. Perhaps we learnt a lesson...

Good point - we always get complacent too quickly - maybe this will lift the rose colored lenses from AB's eyes when it comes to his bowlers. and maybe he will back himself to come in earlier, and to not put Levi in on spinning pitch with 4 spinners
 
Disappointing result :(

Not enough runs on the board, and then after getting into a good position with the bowling, a few bad decisions knocked the wind out of us.

Team wise, I'm thinking of the following:

1. Amla
2. Kallis
3. De Villiers
4. Duminy
5. Du Plessis
6. A. Morkel
7. Peterson
8. Botha
9. Steyn
10. M. Morkel
11. Tsotsobe
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X