Incredible Cloud from Incredible Connection

nerosa

Has anyone tried out Incredible Connection's Incredible Cloud. I am looking into getting the cheapy R99 option as I just need to backup photos and minor stuff but do not know anyone that is using it.

Help!!!

Hamster

Resident Rodent
First I hear of it. Only reason I can think of why you would maybe want to take this over all the other free services is the "unlimited storage". Chances are you don't need it and if you do Incredible Connection is hardly the business you want to trust your data with.

Have you considered Microsoft One Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.com etc? Is there a reason you'd prefer Incredible Connection over them?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
I second Hamster on this. I'm with Microsoft One Drive, and it's just so seamless ... my phone updates all my photos via wifi to OneDrive, and I've got access to my OneDrive files anywhere (I ended up shifting all my documents into the cloud after backing them up). Result :) I don't fear laptop theft anymore.

I reckon Microsoft will be around a bit longer than good old Incredible Connection, plus you get more space than you could use for free if you're paying for a Microsoft Office 365 subscription.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yeah rather use Google Drive or Dropbox. The onedrive sync client sucks donkey balls so would not recommend that. Can just imagine Incredibles'.

poditang

Good day Nerosa,

I have Incredible Cloud and it works great!

They use a Third party "Skybox" that handles and saves your data. Skybox Have Local and International Servers so to upload and download your data is fast and easy!

To get it you can visit any Incredible Connection store and buy it there.

That is where i got mine.

Last edited:

F1 Fan

Executive Member
It is very cheap though. R99 for two years unlimited storage. Drive is a $2 a month for 100GB.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm not sure how they figure they'll make any money on this one?

poditang

Still, R99 for 2 years...I would say its worth it.

I even stream my Blueray Movies to my Smart TV via the web browser login.

Works like a charm and it is fast!

shadow_man

Executive Member
A cloud product you can't buy online... What a marketing fail...

You need to go in to your closest IC store and buy a voucher.

Kingofmybbknowitalls

Still baffled how people can use Cloud services in SA.

It is very frustrating to upload stuff on xDSL due to the slow speeds (2Mb/s MAX), and very expensive on mobile.

It's only really practical on fiber.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Still baffled how people can use Cloud services in SA.

It is very frustrating to upload stuff on xDSL due to the slow speeds (2Mb/s MAX), and very expensive on mobile.

It's only really practical on fiber.

For what I'm using it I find it really practical on LTE, 3G and work ADSL. Documents, photos etc

rorz0r

Executive Member
Can someone with a nice fiber connection please do some testing?