Incredible Connection launches an iPhone app

Tim_vb

hopefully it works better then their website with its useless search engine and incorrect contact numbers for branches

diabolus

Executive Member
If they cannot even get their website right, I am scared to see how this will work...
Yea the app seems to be the same as the website, unfortunately their website is highly inaccurate in terms of stock levels. They also only show some of their stock and nowhere near what is actually in store, which makes it a little pointless.

Oh and you cant seem to search in the app, am i missing something? (no search function). So you are forced to scroll through everything to find anything?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

mh348

Expert Member
Yea the app seems to be the same as the website, unfortunately their website is highly inaccurate in terms of stock levels. They also only show some of their stock and nowhere near what is actually in store, which makes it a little pointless.

Oh and you cant seem to search in the app, am i missing something? (no search function). So you are forced to scroll through everything to find anything?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Correct, There's no search function, you can only browse through categories.. I tried looking for a Galaxy Tab & Ipad but can't find it in any category..

It's just marketing.
Yip, bad marketing. Granted, the demographics of their customers are above average but what percentage of customers have smartphones? (never mind IPhones).

Haven't seen the app but it's sounds like there's nothing that couldn't be handled with a Mobi site. I suppose you could argue they're a technology retailer but what return do you expect from 1600 downloads. As good as bespoke apps are, reality is smart phones are a serious minority in SA. The last stat I had was that Iphone traffic counts for less than 1% of monthly mobile web traffic in SA.

Rather focus your energy into delivering a decent Mobi site with device recognition the renders the site accordingly. It's actually amazing what you produce for even a WAP phone. Target all your customers with relevant content and potentially get over 100 000 hits in your first month.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using MyBroadband Android App

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
It's just marketing.
look everybody, i'm a director and i have an ipad.
now that i have an ipad and i have a company, i think we should have and ipad app.
mainly because i followed all my friends getting an ipad, so i should probably do what everyone else is doing and make an app as well.

kilobits

Executive Member

<snip>
Do they think uncapped internet means I WANT to look at every page on their site until I do not find anything ?

Eish... what is the point then ?
Why bother having either the app or the website, both as useful as tits on a bull ?

Dolby

Honorary Master
How difficult is it to write the same app for an iPad?

Discovery, FNB, Speedtest, Flickr etc all have iPhone applications