Internet Explorer 9 prepares for launch

darkangel

Does anyone really care?
As a web developer I care a lot. IE9 will make my job a lot easier, not only due to its standards support and performance, but also because of the fact that its moving further and further away from IE6 hell.

Joe Average

In the words of Hannibal Smith from the A-Team : I love it when a plan comes together !

RaptorSA

Expert Member
I care too. The web application we did for our client is orders of magnitude faster in something like Firefox, but there's a lot of code that only works in IE so we have to stick to IE. Now if the new IE is still backwards compatible and a lot faster, it might just resolve some of the performance issues we've been having on the system. Especially since we use a lot of Ajax. I'm hoping for the best and can't wait for the release... :)

Nod

Executive Member
Only one problem for MS:
The man in charge of Internet Explorer has told PC Pro that he's been tasked with destroying IE6.

Internet Explorer 6 continues to be the second most used browser version in the world at the ripe old age of nine, according to Net Applications. IE6's position as the default browser in Windows XP means many companies still cling to the browser. The continued use of old hardware in developing nations and consumer inertia have also contributed to IE6's longevity.

"Part of my job is to get IE6 share down to zero as soon as possible," said Ryan Gavin, head of the Internet Explorer business group.
Link
Market share

mister

Executive Member
I care too!

This release will be exciting. Microsoft have really outdone themselves with some fantastic releases this year.