iOS 4.3 GM is out

e.cachucho

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0328.20110311.Lkhy6/iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw

I have downloaded the iOS 4.3 from this link, is this jailbreaking or not? I downloaded directly using Firefox browser as I am at work and can't install iTunes. I use a vodascum modem at home and you can understand how much it would cost me to update the phone.

Thanks

No that wouldn't be jail-breaking. Just go into iTunes than then click shift(or alt) when clicking the update button and then select the file.
I never download through iTunes because the download ALWAYS times out.

Mbuzi

Expert Member
No that wouldn't be jail-breaking. Just go into iTunes than then click shift(or alt) when clicking the update button and then select the file.
I never download through iTunes because the download ALWAYS times out.

Thanks

garp

Executive Member

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
I have a Blokia 6710 navigator on contract and I wish I could lay my hands on iphone 4.

scaramanga

Ahhh man i just got a iPad and downloaded the 4.2 update 500mb!!! Time to top up again i guess.

DotComMotion

Man...That hotspot feature would have saved me that oh-so-necessary expense on the mifi, only it sucks that it's not available on the 3gs. Now the long wait for the iPhone 5 :(

e11eveN

Been using an Airport Express to stream my music for years, and it's great to be able to do it directly from my device.

kdub

If you can find local stock. I'm due for upgrade and no-one has stock of the one with the bigger geebees. :mad:

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago and also got the out of stock story. But after ordering via the usual vodacom upgrade call center and being told that it would take up to 2 weeks, it arrived in my office in 2 days. So maybe that route would work for you?

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Pixual

Expert Member
So I updated both my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Here's what I have found: the iPhone 4 is a LOT snappier and everything seems to be a lot faster and smoother on the animations side of things. The reverse seems to be true for the 3GS. Opening and closing apps is jerkier than before.

The personal hotspot is awesome. Takes about 5 seconds to set up and it works really well. This means that getting a 16GB iPad without Wi-Fi will be a bargain if you have an iPhone 4 to share an internet connection with. Save yourself a grand or so on the 3G version, plus you don't have to buy two data bundles or get another sim.

The only real plus I can see for 3GS users is that you can now use the AirTunes with videos you have on your phone, plus of course being able to share iTunes libraries in your wifi network means you can watch and listen to everything wherever you go in the house. Pretty cool.

I strongly suggest getting an Apple TV to use with your iOS 4.3 devices. Tres Coool!!!!

Reddevil10

Sorry for the noob question, but if i get the wifi ipad and always have my iphone 4 with me, will I be able to use the iphone 4 as a wifi hotspot anywhere as long as my phone has a connection?

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
Sorry for the noob question, but if i get the wifi ipad and always have my iphone 4 with me, will I be able to use the iphone 4 as a wifi hotspot anywhere as long as my phone has a connection?

Yup, that is the idea. You have it correct.

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Noticed that some apps won't work anymore on 4.3, not even after a delete and reinstall.