iPhone, BlackBerry, Gmail users, are "all screwed”

Keeper

Honorary Master
Does Open Source save us (read: Android)?

No, because it's better to have 1 company (Apple, for example) monitor your actions along with millions of other people,
than you downloading 20 Apps which contain monitoring software, that steal even more harmful information & data.

Pixual

Expert Member
Like what I do in my life is that interesting that I need to be watched?

FFS. This privacy paranoia movement is becoming more of a pain than anything else these days.

Keigo

So... we mustn't save nude photo on smartphone because is not safe anymore. :p

K.J

Eish... Will we ever be safe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bladebob

So what software can block all of this. If this is true then there will be law suits every second as this is a violation of human rights and privacy.

unrealchris

Dont take it laying down

Like what I do in my life is that interesting that I need to be watched?

FFS. This privacy paranoia movement is becoming more of a pain than anything else these days.

Maybe nothing, and in my life as well, but do you really want all your information just floating for these companies to really do anything with it? Im in data warehousing, and I know what can be done with all of this information. Normally its only used for advertising, but it can be used in many other ways as well. SARS data warehouse will one of these days be able, if not already, be able to tell the average bloke as he signs for his new car, well done and congrats on the new car of R500 000, but please tell us how you are able to afford this car of half a million, if your previous tax returns states that you earn only R250 000 per year... And I promise thats no BS.

So do you still want all your information floating around :confused:

Pixual

Expert Member
I was a data analyst in a previous life, so I am all too familiar with how data mining is used.

Do you really think that even today you will be able to "hide" a R500k car from SARS when you come under audit?

As I said before, the paranoia is painful.