iPhone thief gets tricked by victim

DJ...

Banned
When the culprit arrived at Nirenberg’s Brooklyn apartment building with wine, the musician greeted him with a $20 bill while holding a hammer -just in case.

There are easier ways to break a twenty...

Last edited:

Crowley

Executive Member
The guy didn't steal his phone, he left his phone in a cab.

Dom1n8tr1x

Expert Member
When you take something that's not yours, it's theft. This guy did not hand the phone in, instead he took it home and used it.

Crowley

Executive Member
If you leave your expensive phone in a cab it is school fees.

Pixual

Expert Member
Why didn't he just use the Find My iPhone app?

What does the $20 have to do with the story?

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
The hammer was meant as a last resort. Should be obvious what the $20 was for.

You mean if someone finds something of yours, you can hit him with a hammer later if he refuses to return it? I don't think that's legal.

j4ck455

Executive Member
When the culprit arrived at Nirenberg’s Brooklyn apartment building

I don't know about anyone else but I think it's extremely dumb to give out your home address over the Internet to total strangers (especially people you know for a fact have stolen your online dating profile and are using your identity).

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You mean if someone finds something of yours, you can hit him with a hammer later if he refuses to return it? I don't think that's legal.
Failure to return lost property, or turn it in to the police (or the cab company in this case who would then be required to turn it in to the police) is a crime in New York - answering the door with a hammer in your hands is not.

Last edited:

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Thats nonsense. So if you see something thats not yours and there's no one around the you take it?

No, he means if your stupid enough to leave it lying around and it's gone, don't expect sympathy or pats on the back when you get it back.

Tns

Executive Member
ok so now the thief know where the guy lives so he can come back later and rob him blind.