Is Afrihost now officially useless?

philipm

I originally signed up with Afrihost for home Internet to insulate me from Telkom but Telkom got so bad that I switched to another ISP who provided a direct wireless link (no fibre where I live).

Now I just use Afrihost for my cell phones because I would rather deal with them than MTN or one of the other network operators.

I recently found both my phones were being charged about R2.60 per minute, more than 2.5x the 99c/minute rate they should be charged. I complained and was told (despite providing a call log that clearly showed seconds per call and charge per call) and was told “Please dial *130*601# to opt out of any MTN promotions, then dial *141*5# Option 2 to unsubscribe from any content services so we can verify that it is indeed the call rate eating away at your balance.” When I pointed out that this did not match the log I sent, I was offered a list of standard call charges that did not match what I was being charged, and no hint on what to do about it.

Is anyone else finding that Afrihost, from previously having the best service, is less than useless?

argh

mathenges

Here using airmobile prepaid, mainly for data and occasional voice calls. I haven't had any problem with them so far.

Strobemeister

Expert Member
Ditto this. I use their Airmobile 2XL, no problems at all, and I quite like that I get my Fibre and mobile in one go, on one invoice.

smc

My experience with Afrihost is that it's not just that they are useless, but that they actively go out of their way to steal from you. Which makes for quite the combination.

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Did the same to me. Got billed and I paid for data that was there for a second and gone the next.

If this was a once off, fair enough.
It happened 4 TIMES.
IT is known as THEFT.