Is Evetech reliable and trustworthy

Jay999

I know a similar thread has been posted before 2 years ago but I am asking whether they are reliable now.I want to buy an 11 grand workstation PC from them,this is my first time buying a PC online and paying using EFT, so I want to know whether their custom builts are good and last for long.

Suspect99

Executive Member
They are reliable. But if you need to return something or its faulty you'll struggle. Hard

ponder

Honorary Master
I know a similar thread has been posted before 2 years ago but I am asking whether they are reliable now.
The thread might be old but it has recent posts highlighting the exact same issues.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/dont-buy-from-evetech-horrible-service-and-unfair-business-practices.846078/
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/evetech-issues-with-gtx-1070.1004162/ This one is only a few days old.

It sounds like you wan't affirmation on a decision you've already made. Do it and save a few R's and pray nothing ever goes wrong, at the end of the day it's your money and choice.

Docksider

My post is in the link above. Dont bother buying from them! Pay that little extra and buy it from another company

sand_man

Honorary Master
I know a similar thread has been posted before 2 years ago but I am asking whether they are reliable now.I want to buy an 11 grand workstation PC from them,this is my first time buying a PC online and paying using EFT, so I want to know whether their custom builts are good and last for long.
They been in business forever so reliable? Yeah, one would think so. I've only had positive experiences using them (they've built and upgraded 2 machines for me over the last 7 years).

As mentioned though, returns can be a bit of a grind.

chefjamo

Im in the same boat.
I ordered an upgrade kit 9 days ago. Its not like they have to build anything, its a cpu,mobo and ram ffs!
I received an email stating that they received my proof of payment and thats it.
Upon enquiring after the first 4 days whether I would be receiving a tracking number I was told that they are extremely busy and would see to it soon.
Today I called to ask if they could box it as I would send my own courier to collect even tho it said free shipping, all they could say was, 'we'll get back to you shortly and put the phone down in my ear!!

I dont get it, I ordered a cpu cooler from them last month and it arrived in 2 days...

rudivdw

I bought a 4TB Seagate HDD that was dead on arrival, they sent a courier to come fetch it, tested it, and replaced it. Didn't cost me anything, even though I only installed the hard drive about 2 or 3 weeks after getting it. The only pain was I had to print and fill out a form and send that to them, so it slowed the process a bit, but they replaced it without issue. So a thumbs up for me :)