Evetech Issues with GTX 1070

Docksider

So i bought two GTX 1070 from Evetech and both were in the same machine. Recently one card stopped displaying but still powered up.

I sent it into evetech who took one month to have it looked at. Christo Kotze told me that the card was water damaged and voided the warranty yet no water has touched the PC. The other card and motherboard is still working. Despite my explaining they insisted the warranty was voided.

It seems as if evetech do not hold warranties on expensive hardware. Has anyone else had issues like this with them and how did you manage to have it resolved?

Thinking of going to the Ombuds for consumer goods and services....not sure how that will work out.

Any other ideas?

ponder

Honorary Master
make? I can assist getting rma at the official distro.
If it's a brand Rectron stocks he can also take it there and pay them the handling fee.

It kinda grates my ass that people support them to save a few rand and then others pick up the warranty support.

RedViking

Nord of the South
So i bought two GTX 1070 from Evetech and both were in the same machine. Recently one card stopped displaying but still powered up.

I sent it into evetech who took one month to have it looked at. Christo Kotze told me that the card was water damaged and voided the warranty yet no water has touched the PC. The other card and motherboard is still working. Despite my explaining they insisted the warranty was voided.

It seems as if evetech do not hold warranties on expensive hardware. Has anyone else had issues like this with them and how did you manage to have it resolved?

Thinking of going to the Ombuds for consumer goods and services....not sure how that will work out.

Any other ideas?
I have returned couple of very expensive items and graphiccard between 8K and 25K. They took damn long for the last item, but I never had something rejected.

Do you have an aircon above your PC or water cooling in your PC?

cyberghost47

I will not support Evetech anymore, unless I can't find the product anywhere else. They won't see a cent from me.

killertech

Never had a problem dealing with Evetech. All the hardware I bought from them works really good. I think I'm lucky lol

cyberghost47

Last year I bought a Wheel and Shifter from them, got the wheel but no shifter. Emailed them photos of the package with no shifter and they said - sorry can't help, I should have had cctv footage that it came like that, before signing. I never even signed for it, our receptionist did. Despite many witnesses they made no attempt at reimbursing me in any way.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Last year I bought a Wheel and Shifter from them, got the wheel but no shifter. Emailed them photos of the package with no shifter and they said - sorry can't help, I should have had cctv footage that it came like that, before signing. I never even signed for it, our receptionist did. Despite many witnesses they made no attempt at reimbursing me in any way.
That is swak.

Docksider

I have returned couple of very expensive items and graphiccard between 8K and 25K. They took damn long for the last item, but I never had something rejected.

Do you have an aircon above your PC or water cooling in your PC?
No AC no water cooling. Had both cards on the same machine. but now the one gave up.

Card powers up but no display from it.