IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that things would have moved along a lot slower if it wasn't for dabouncer. I am no pro-coder and would have just used and modified other people's coding for the site, just so we can have something. Not to mention that I don't have a lot of time to mess around with ;)

Big thnx to dabouncer for offering to do the coding :D
 
Kudos dabouncer. :)

za.net? Are we still going to be around by the time the registration goes through? I'll pony up the r50 for a co.za if that's the issue.
 
hell, ive got isengard.za.net if you want that,lol ;) So straight www.isengard.za.net or isengard.za.net -> could get a nice theme going,lol

or hows about nzbs.AfricaNewsNet.net
or nzbs.illegalknowledge.com
or nzbs.lanshark.co.za
or nzbs.witchdoctor.co.za
 
Last edited:
Their turn around time has been quite speedy for the last while ;)

The domain that I've chosen, for lack of a better choice is newshost.za.net It should hopefully resolve by tomorrow or the day after that ;)
 
Last edited:
sanzb.za.net?

Will try and think of more

edit: just saw that you already registered one.
 
Last edited:
Their turn around time has been quite speedy for the last while ;)

The domain that I've chosen, for lack of a better choice is newshost.za.net It should hopefully resolve by tomorrow or the day after that ;)

yoh you guys are extreeemly fast!

lol at isengard...hehe
 
ooo how i love cached file, just hovered my mouse over netlimiter to my happiness see double my normal speed ;)
 
How are you guys accessing the site?? I still can't get it. All other sites are going good with openrouter!!!
 
The site that was on there was a connection to his computer and when his ip reset it changed and now you can't access it any more ;)

I'm sure he will post a new link to my server when he's uploaded some more stuff :)
 
thanks...now for a dumb question. y can't we have a "normal" website like www.abc.co.za?? does it cost alot? i thought u get some free webspace with some isp's like mweb. Maybe we can pool together for funds
 
You guys are really polite and nice to each other, even old Hansa and his yohing ;) I hope the ideas you have pay off, my mind is really stale when it comes to things like this, good luck guys, pm me the link upon completion, I need to browse and increase my usage :D
 
I am sponsoring hosting for this project. We will be registering a "normal" website address in a little while. something.za.net ;)

Dude why don't you read through the thread a little and I'm sure you will pick up what's going on :/
 
Great ideas flowing around here guys :)

Did anyone notice that we have smashed the 1000 post target for this thread? :D

great stuff

Style
 
hehe yea, look at the #1000, the post for world domination ;) The thread changed from bad news server to, how can we get the last cent out of the news server / increase pirating in SA, har har har ;)
 
thanks...now for a dumb question. y can't we have a "normal" website like www.abc.co.za?? does it cost alot? i thought u get some free webspace with some isp's like mweb. Maybe we can pool together for funds

One wouldn't need a lot of space but you'd need a fair bit of bandwidth and that's the expensive part.
Let's say that only 1000 people use the website every day and each person uses 2MiB of bandwidth browsing the site and downloading NZB files.
That's 2GiB per day which comes to 60GiB per month.
Try find cheap local hosting with those requirements.
WebAfrica charge 50 cents per MB on their hosting packages once you go over the threshold.
58GiB at 50 cents per MB comes to nearly R30K
 
Last edited:
Yea, try find a ISP who is willing to host nzbs aswell, dont think mwebs 10mb hosting will help much either ;)
 
Why not just like a forum. I dont think its necessary for the site to host Nzb's. People can just post the names of the files they downloaded and the site name eg. (In TV nZB section) Venom's_life_ep105 - nzbmatrix.com

??
 
Why not just like a forum. I dont think its necessary for the site to host Nzb's. People can just post the names of the files they downloaded and the site name eg. (In TV nZB section) Venom's_life_ep105 - nzbmatrix.com

??

Only problem is sometimes there are multiple releases for the same thing and one needs to know which one is cached.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X