IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what speed is not better than usual?

*EDIT: see what you mean, 40kb/s, no offence 384 guys but sis!
 
Last edited:
Thank God I'm not using the news server. Torrents ftw! Getting full speed lately all the time the whole day. I'm so sick of this thread. :(
 
What is full speed for your torrents may i ask? Still think a crap news server beats torrents hands down, still better speeds, more stuff and no uploading
 
Thank God I'm not using the news server. Torrents ftw! Getting full speed lately all the time the whole day. I'm so sick of this thread. :(
Torrents - You cant fault them for speed and the ability to fully utilise a line.

Normally I'd say it's time to revisit but alas I dont know the right people.

@ziglet - stfu :) if he - and many many more people - has the common sense to steer clear of news servers then who are we to judge? capisce?
 
I had to laugh when I saw this in the Digg comments on a unrelated story:

http://www.digg.com/tech_news/Craig...e_Taught_Newbies_How_to_Properly_Use_InternetSo everybody . . .whats the internationally understood first rule of usenet?? :p

Ok so everybody who participated in this thread knows about the cache site by now, how about we take all usenet discussions there? I've been saying it for a while now, these news server threads (especially on this forum) are one of the reasons for deterioration in speed.

You guys agree/disagree?
 
Ok so everybody who participated in this thread knows about the cache site by now, how about we take all usenet discussions there? I've been saying it for a while now, these news server threads (especially on this forum) are one of the reasons for deterioration in speed.

You guys agree/disagree?
ok with me.
 
im getting bad speeds atm.....getting heroes and prison break so should be going fast......but lots of connection errors are happening..........started off at +50kb now only going at 30 :( :( :(
 
The answers you seek are elsewhere. See 1248 for details.
 
Yea its awesome going to chat on an internationally hosted site going through a proxy crawling at 0.1kb/s ;) Prob took me the same time to download PB as upload the nzb,LoL
 
Ok so everybody who participated in this thread knows about the cache site by now, how about we take all usenet discussions there? I've been saying it for a while now, these news server threads (especially on this forum) are one of the reasons for deterioration in speed.

You guys agree/disagree?

Seconded.
 
anyone else experiencing slow/average speeds?

downloading at around 65kb/s on 4mbit here, but sometimes reaches 80% of max speed.
 
I keep getting fluctuating speeds from 100k/sec up to 280k/sec....but averaging about 180k/sec. must be uncached stuff :)

Style
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X