Is this for real?????

Xbox 360 Agent Weed

Hi guys, I did an ADSL availibility check and here are the results:

Adsl Support The exchange supports ADSL.

Your exchange supports ADSL, but due to infrastructure related issues we cannot accommodate you at this time.
Should you wish to register your details in order be contacted when the infrastructure issues are resolved, please click here.
The provision of Telkom's DSL service is subject to network availability, distance, copper quality and line sync speed limitations.

Please tell me I will be able to get ADSL and that this is wrong????

hoegh

Expert Member
good luck, maybe, through some miracle, the system is out of date, place an order and see what happens, no harm in trying!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle

Your exchange supports ADSL, but due to infrastructure related issues we cannot accommodate you at this time.
Should you wish to register your details in order be contacted when the infrastructure issues are resolved, please click here.
The provision of Telkom's DSL service is subject to network availability, distance, copper quality and line sync speed limitations.

Translation from Telkom speak to common English.

"Dear Customer, we could provide you with a service if we felt like it, but we don't really give a **** about you, so sorry, you are basically sc**wed until such time in the future that we might give a flying ****! Have a nice day!"

Kloon

Expert Member
It could mean that there is no ports available at the exchange, best is to place order.

hoegh

Expert Member
It could mean that there is no ports available at the exchange, best is to place order.

yup, you never know, your order could be the one that makes them upgrade your area and you all get adsl, kinda like that one vote thing changing the political situation of a country :D

undesign

Executive Member
Have heart. I had the exact same message a month ago when I ordered ADSL. 7 days later I was up and running:D Must say, it beats the crap out of 3G - now for the upgrade to 4Mb...

hoegh

Expert Member
Have heart. I had the exact same message a month ago when I ordered ADSL. 7 days later I was up and running:D Must say, it beats the crap out of 3G - now for the upgrade to 4Mb...

you wont be sorry, its worth it!

Xbox 360 Agent Weed

Thanks Guys, I am sick of 3g's ever fluctuating latencies, so I really hope i get adsl and soon. I applied for 384kbps line and 3 gig cap through cybersmart, so hopefully Tel-can't doesnt turn the request down. Wish me luck!!! will post results as i get 'em

Grouter

Expert Member

It means that the exchange is full...no more empty ports.

Placing an order can shake things up - they might just be waiting for yours which is the tenth or whatever to come in, and that is the trigger for them to send a techie out to the exchange and upgrade the dslam with more ports.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master

I got that before I placed my ADSL order. I still get it even now when I check my number. But my order went through and I have my DSL. Granted it's a bit buggy, and I'd like to know if yours is too when/if you get it, but other than that, it's DSL.

Snowolf

Dont worry. telkom told me that my area does not support adsl, my neighbor has had adsl for almost a year now.
apply for it and bug the cr@p out of them. it will happen