KFC Dunked Wings Sauce recipe??

KamikaZe_88

I freakin' love dunked wings sauce from KFC, but R54.90 for 8 wings is getting ridiculous!

So I am on a mission to make my own version that is close to or even better than their ginger+honey+soy sauce.

I have found this web page from 2010
https://food52.com/recipes/6845-korean-fried-chicken-wings-kfc

Scroll down to the sauce ingredients part.

Can anyone tell me if this looks about right? I don't want to waste money on ingredients that is not going to work and me ending up throwing it away because I got close to 0% cooking skills and don't know what to do with it :crylaugh::crylaugh:

lived666

Executive Member
There is nothing in that list of ingredients that you shouldn't already have at home so I doubt there would be much cost involved.
Re wings, just go to Carnival City today, all you can eat for R70.00

KamikaZe_88

There is nothing in that list of ingredients that you shouldn't already have at home so I doubt there would be much cost involved.
Re wings, just go to Carnival City today, all you can eat for R70.00
:crylaugh: I need ginger, soy sauce and chiles, I'll skip the sesame seeds haha

Cool I will check out Carnival City, never been there.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
:crylaugh: I need ginger, soy sauce and chiles, I'll skip the sesame seeds haha

Cool I will check out Carnival City, never been there.
yeah its difficult to get it 100% like KFC but getting it similar isnt hectic

KamikaZe_88

yeah its difficult to get it 100% like KFC but getting it similar isnt hectic
Well I tried it out and it worked! tastes very close if not exactly the same. Love it. No more wasting money at KFC.

Now I just need to learn how to fry chicken, before anyone tells me it's easy, the only things I can cook is spaghetti+mince and roast chicken. I mostly have bread and noodles. It sucks living on your own with no cooking skills haha :crylaugh: hahaha.... :(

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think getting friend chicken right at home would be surprisingly difficult, but, if you did it, it would be a lot better than KFC.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Well I tried it out and it worked! tastes very close if not exactly the same. Love it. No more wasting money at KFC.

Now I just need to learn how to fry chicken, before anyone tells me it's easy, the only things I can cook is spaghetti+mince and roast chicken. I mostly have bread and noodles. It sucks living on your own with no cooking skills haha :crylaugh: hahaha.... :(
chicken is "FEB" flour eggs breadcrumbs

or just marinate in spice and buttermilk and flour

alot of methods out there

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm amazed that anyone can love KFC's dunked wings. To date it's possibly the only fast food meal I've thrown in the bin rather than actually eat. Normally anything is at least palatable to me.

Chi Chi

I also tried it & it was great - a huge hit at home with the kids & they have already demanded more :):)

Thanks!

Laffy-Taffy

I'm amazed that anyone can love KFC's dunked wings. To date it's possibly the only fast food meal I've thrown in the bin rather than actually eat. Normally anything is at least palatable to me.
I so agree. the amount of ginger they have in the sauce is unbearable.

Im all for the normal zinger wingz though........i really miss their zinger chicken.

I freakin' love dunked wings sauce from KFC, but R54.90 for 8 wings is getting ridiculous!

So I am on a mission to make my own version that is close to or even better than their ginger+honey+soy sauce.

I have found this web page from 2010
https://food52.com/recipes/6845-korean-fried-chicken-wings-kfc

Scroll down to the sauce ingredients part.

Can anyone tell me if this looks about right? I don't want to waste money on ingredients that is not going to work and me ending up throwing it away because I got close to 0% cooking skills and don't know what to do with it :crylaugh::crylaugh:
You're my new hero